Home > SAT Test > SAT Reading Practice Tests
See All test questions
Take more free SAT Reading Practice Tests available from cracksat.net.
This first passage is adapted from an article from Imperial College London published in 2010, and the second is adapted from an article from Reuters published in 2013. Both discuss the different factors that may have contributed to the extinction of the dinosaurs.
Passage 1: Asteroid killed off the dinosaurs, says international scientific panel
Passage 2: Asteroid may have killed dinosaurs more quickly than scientists thought
1. In the first paragraph of Passage 1, the author suggests that mammals
2. Which choice provides the best evidence for the answer to the previous question?
3. As used in line 24, "spewed" most nearly means
4. Based on the information in Passage 1, it can be reasonably inferred that
5. As used in line 44 and line 73, the phrases "final nail in the coffin," and "nail in that coffin" in both passages refer to
6. The author's reference to the "high-precision radiometric dating techniques" in lines 68-69 primarily serves to
7. As used in line 97, "preclude" most nearly means
8. The author of Passage 2 mentions tektites (line 83) primarily in order to
9. Which choice provides the best evidence for the answer to the previous question?
10. The passages differ in that Passage 1
11. Is the main conclusion of the study described in Passage 2 consistent with the panel's conclusion, as described in Passage 1?
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2016 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us