Home > SAT Test > SAT Reading Practice Tests
See All test questions
Take more free SAT Reading Practice Tests available from cracksat.net.
The following is from a passage about continental drift and plate tectonics from Science World.
This image shows the three main types of plate boundaries: divergent, convergent, and transform. Image adapted from the U.S. Geological Survey.
1. Based on the information in the passage it can be reasonably inferred that
2. In the third paragraph (lines 20-25), what is the distinction the author draws between continental-drift theory and plate tectonics?
3. As used in line 42, "convection" most nearly means
4. In line 56, what is the most likely reason the author introduces Yellowstone's hot springs?
5. Which choice provides the best evidence for the answer to the previous question?
6. As used in line 64, "compatible" most nearly means
7. What is the most likely reason the author mentions Iceland?
8. Which choice provides the best evidence for the answer to the previous question?
9. The principal rhetorical purpose of the phrase "Some geologists…separate" (lines 80-84) is to
10. It can be reasonably inferred from information in the passage and the diagram that
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2016 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us