See All test questions
Take more free SAT biology subject practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. This organ secretes growth hormone (GH).
A. ThyroidB. PancreasC. ParathyroidD. Adrenal medullaE. Anterior pituitary
2. This organ secretes thyroxine.
3. This organ secretes the hormone responsible for the flight-or-flight response.
4. This organ secretes a hormone that causes the liver to break down glycogen.
5. Crossing over occurs in this phase.
A. Anaphase IB. Prophase IC. Anaphase IID. Prophase IIE. Metaphase I
6. Homologous chromosomes separate in this phase.
7. Sister chromatids separate in this phase.
8. Question below refers to the following diagram of floral structures.
The site of fertilization
A. B. C. D. E.
9. Question below refers to the following diagram of floral structures.
The site of pollen production
10. Question below refers to the following diagram of floral structures.
The site of pollen tube development
11. Tissue that conducts sugars downward from the leaves
A. XylemB. PhloemC. CambiumD. BarkE. Pith
12. Tissue that conducts water upward from the roots
13. Tissue that gives rise to all vascular tissue
14. Ground tissue with no specialized function
15. Which tissue, formed during the gastrulation phase of embryonic development, later differentiates to form the nervous system?
A. ArchenteronB. BlastoporeC. EctodermD. EndodermE. Mesoderm
16. What is the role of mRNA in protein synthesis?
A. To make up the structure of the ribosomeB. To carry amino acids to the ribosomeC. To catalyze bonds between nucleotidesD. To serve as a template for the synthesis of DNAE. To carry information determining amino acid sequence
17. Oxygen gas (O2) is produced by plants and algae. What is the source of oxygen atoms in these molecules?
A. WaterB. GlucoseC. Carbon dioxideD. Atmospheric oxygenE. Atmospheric nitrogen
18. Which of the following describes a behavior of organisms of the same species?
A. Periodical cicadas that emerge the same yearB. Fish that become fertile during different seasonsC. Ungulates that mate frequently and yield sterile offspringD. Rodents that mate frequently and yield no viable offspringE. Tropical birds that court their mates with differing dances or songs
19. A mature gymnosperm will possess all of the following EXCEPT
A. seedsB. leavesC. flowersD. vascular tissueE. woody growth
20. Which of the following patterns of inheritance describes interactions between multiple genes?
A. EpistasisB. Sex linkageC. CodominanceD. Simple dominanceE. Homozygous recessive
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us