See All test questions
Take more free SAT chemistry practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. Which gas under a high temperature and a low pressure behaves most like an ideal gas?
A. HeB. O2C. NH3D. CO2E. Ne
2. Which sample demonstrates particles arranged in a regular geometric pattern?
A. CO2(g)B. CO2(s)C. CO2(l)D. CO2(aq)E. None of the above
3. At which temperature does a water sample have the highest average kinetic energy?
A. 0 degrees CelsiusB. 100 degrees CelsiusC. 0 KD. 100 KE. 273 K
4. A liquid will boil when
A. its freezing point is equal to its melting pointB. a salt has been added to the liquidC. its vapor pressure is equal to the melting pointD. it is heated to a temperature that is below the boiling pointE. its vapor pressure is equal to the surrounding pressure
5. Which gas is expected to have the highestrate of effusion?
A. O2B. F2C. H2OD. HeE. CH2
6. Which phase change is described correctly?
A. Solid to gas is called deposition.B. Gas to solid is called sublimation.C. Liquid to solid is called freezing.D. Solid to liquid is called vaporization.E. Liquid to gas is called condensation.
7. A solid, liquid, and gas can exist together at the
A. sublimation pointB. triple pointC. boiling pointD. freezing pointE. melting point
8. A mixture of gases exists in a sealed container with the following percentages: helium 40%, neon 50%, and argon 10%.If the total pressure of the gases is 1100 torr, then which of the following is true about these gases?
A. Volume and temperature have an inversely proportional relationship.B. Volume and pressure have a direct relationship.C. The partial pressure of the neon gas is 550 torr.D. The partial pressure of the argon gas is 100 torr.E. The partial pressures of the gases cannot be calculated with the given information.
9. Which of the following gases is expected to have the lowest density at STP?
A. SO2B. CO2C. Cl2D. XeE. Ar
10. An ideal gas at STP occupies 22.4 liters. If the pressure on the gas is increased to 1000 torr and the temperature of the gas is reduced to 250 K, what can be said about the gas?
A. The number of moles of the gas has changed.B. The volume of the gas has increased.C. The volume of the gas has decreased.D. The pressure and the temperature have an inversely proportional relationship.E. None of the above.
11. Which is inconsistent with the Kinetic Molecular Theory?
A. Gas molecules have forces of attraction for each other.B. Gas molecules move in a random, straight-line motion.C. Gas molecules have a negligible volume compared to the volume they occupy.D. Collisions between gas molecules lead to a transfer of energy that is conserved.E. All of the above statements are correct.
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us