See All test questions
Take more free SAT chemistry practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. Treatment of the dry solid with a mild oxidizing agent produces a purple solid
A. N2B. KIC. CCl4D. AgNO3E. CaCO3
2. Is the principle reaction responsible for the energy output of the sun
A. Gamma decayB. Nuclear fusionC. Alpha decayD. Positron emissionE. Nuclear fission
3. Is a nuclear process that results in no change in the mass number and atomic number of a nuclide
4. Responsible for most helium found on Earth
5. The nuclear process that transmutes uranium-238 into thorium-234
6. Has a pH of 13
A. 0.1 M MgCl2B. 0.1 M HClO4C. 0.1 M NH4OHD. 0.1 M KOHE. 0.1 M LiNO3
7. The solution with the lowest freezing point temperature
8. The solution with the highest boiling point temperature
9. Indicates a red flame when ionized with a Bunsen burner
10. Choose the answer below that accurately describes the correct molecular shape for the molecule XeOF4.
A. TetrahedralB. Trigonal pyramidalC. Trigonal bipyramidalD. Square pyramidalE. Flat
11. For the radioactive atom 99Tc, what is the correct number of protons and neutrons?
A. 43 protons and 56 neutronsB. 43 protons and 99 neutronsC. 56 protons and 43 neutronsD. 56 protons and 99 neutronsE. Cannot be determined
12. Which one of the following acids is NOT strong?
A. HClB. HBrC. HNO3D. H3PO4E. H2SO4
13. Identify the equation used to determine the amount of heat required to melt 10 grams of ice.
A. Q = mCspΔTB. Q = nΔHC. KE = mv2D. PE = mghE. PV = nRT
14. Identify the correct ground state electron configuration for Cr.
A. [Ar] 3s23d4B. [Ar] 3s23d5C. [Ar] 4s23d5D. [Ar] 4s23d4E. [Ar] 4s13d5
15. What is the hydroxide concentration for a solution with a pH of 10 at 25°C?
A. 10-14 MB. 10-10 MC. 10-7 MD. 10-4 ME. 10-1 M
16. Five hundred milliliters of solution of 0.1 M NaBr has how many milligrams of bromine?
A. 200 mgB. 400 mgC. 2,000 mgD. 4,000 mgE. 20,000 mg
17. According to the ideal gas law, what is the approximate volume that will be occupied by 0.5 mole of an ideal gas at 30°C and 3 atm pressure (gas constant R = 0.0821 L?atm/mol?K)?
A. Less than 1 LB. 5 LC. 10 LD. 15 LE. More than 20 L
18. Given that ΔG = ΔH – TΔS, how is the spontaneity of an endothermic reaction expected to change with decreasing T?
A. Becomes less spontaneousB. Becomes more spontaneousC. Does not changeD. Decreases at first but then increasesE. Insufficient information to make a conclusion
19. Identify the element with the greatest first ionization energy.
A. CeB. CC. ClD. CaE. Cs
20. Identify the molecule/ion with the greatest potential to act as a Lewis acid.
A. CH3+B. CN–C. NH3D. BF4–E. CO2
21. 2 Ca3(PO4)2 + 6 SiO2 + 10 C → P4 +…CaSiO3 + 10 CO
Which coefficient balances the reaction given above?
A. 2B. 4C. 5D. 6E. 8
22. A 100-milliliter solution containing AgNO3 was treated with excess NaCl to completely precipitate the silver as AgCl. If 5.7 g AgCl was obtained, what was the concentration of Ag+ in the original solution?
A. 0.03 MB. 0.05 MC. 0.12 MD. 0.30 ME. 0.40 M
23. Identify which of the following statements is FALSE.
A. The vapor pressure of a liquid decreases with increasing atmospheric pressure.B. The value of an equilibrium constant is dependent on temperature.C. The rate of a spontaneous reaction cannot be determined solely by its Gibbs free energy.D. During a phase transition, the temperature of a substance must be constant.E. The addition of a catalyst to a reaction at equilibrium has no net effect on the system.
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us