See All test questions
Take more free SAT math 1&2 subject practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. The slope of a line perpendicular to the line whose equation is
A. -3B. C. D. E.
2. What is the range of the data set 8, 12, 12, 15, 18?
A. 10B. 12C. 13D. 15E. 18
3. If , for what value(s) of x does the graph of y = f(x) have a vertical asymptote?
A. -7B. 0C. -7,0,7D. -7,7E. 7
4. If and g(x) = x2 + 1, then f(g(2)) =
A. 2.24B. 3C. 3.61D. 6E. 6.16
A. -0.25B. -0.16C. 0.16D. 6.35E. The value is not a real number.
6. The circumference of circle x2 + y2 - 10y - 36 = 0 is
A. 38B. 49C. 54D. 125E. 192
7. Twenty-five percent of a group of unrelated students are only children. The students are asked one at a time whether they are only children. What is the probability that the 5th student asked is the first only child?
A. 0.00098B. 0.08C. 0.24D. 0.25E. 0.5
8. If f(x) = 2 for all real numbers x, then f(x + 2) =
A. 0B. 2C. 4D. xE. The value cannot be determined.
9. The volume of the region between two concentric spheres of radii 2 and 5 is
A. 28B. 66C. 113D. 368E. 490
10. If a, b, and c are real numbers and if then a could equal
A. B. C. 9D. 3E. 9b6
11. In right triangle ABC, AB = 10, BC = 8, AC = 6. The sine of A is
A. B. C. D. E.
12. If 16x = 4 and 5x+y = 625, then y =
A. 1B. 2C. D. 5E.
13. If the parameter is eliminated from the equations x = t2 + 1 and y = 2t , then the relation between x and y is
A. y = x - 1B. y = 1 - xC. y2 = x - 1D. y2 = (x - 1)2E. y2 = 4x - 4
14. Let f(x) be a polynomial function: f(x) = x5 + ? ? ? . If f(1) = 0 and f(2) = 0, then f(x) is divisible by
A. x - 3B. x2 - 2C. x2 + 2D. x2 - 3x + 2E. x2 + 3x + 2
15. If x - y = 2, y - z = 4, and x - y - z = -3, then y =
A. 1B. 5C. 9D. 11E. 13
16. If z > 0, a = z cos, and b = z sin, then =
A. 1B. zC. 2zD. z cos sin E. z (cos + sin
17. If the vertices of a triangle are (u,0), (v,8), and (0,0), then the area of the triangle is
A. 4|u |B. 2|v |C. |uv |D. 2|uv |E. |uv |
18. If what must the value of k be in order for f(x) to be a continuous function?
A. -2B. 0C. 2D. 5E. No value of k will make f(x) a continuous function.
19. What is the probability that a prime number is less than 7, given that it is less than 13?
20. The ellipse 4x2 + 8y2 = 64 and the circle x2 + y2 = 9 intersect at points where the y -coordinate is
A. ± B. ± C. ± D. ± E. ± 10.00
21. Each term of a sequence, after the first, is inversely proportional to the term preceding it. If the first two terms are 2 and 6, what is the twelfth term?
A. 2B. 6C. 46D. 2 · 311E. The twelfth term cannot be determined.
22. A company offers you the use of its computer for a fee. Plan A costs $6 to join and then $9 per hour to use the computer. Plan B costs $25 to join and then $2.25 per hour to use the computer. After how many minutes of use would the cost of plan A be the same as the cost of plan B?
A. 18,052B. 173C. 169D. 165E. 157
23. If the probability that the Giants will win the NFC championship is p and if the probability that the Raiders will win the AFC championship is q , what is the probability that only one of these teams will win its respective championship?
A. pqB. p + q -2pqC. |p - q|D. 1 - pqE. 2pq - p - q
24. If a geometric sequence begins with the terms , 1, ? ? ? , what is the sum of the first 10 terms?
A. 9841B. 6561C. 3280D. 33E. 6
25. The value of is
A. greater than 10100B. between 1010 and 10100C. between 105 and 1010D. between 10 and 105E. less than 10
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us