See All test questions
Take more free SAT math 1&2 subject practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. If the mean of the set of data 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 5, x is what is the value of x ?
A. -10.7B. 2.5C. 5.6D. 7.4E. 8.9
2. In JKL,sin L = ,sin J = , and JK = inches. The length of KL , in inches, is
A. 1.7B. 3C. 3.5D. 3.9E. 4
3. Matrix X has r rows and c columns, and matrix Y has c rows and d columns, where r, c, and d are different. Which of the following statements must be false?
I. The product YX exists
II. The product of XY exists and has r rows and d columns.
III. The product XY exists and has c rows and c columns.
A. I onlyB. II onlyC. III onlyD. I and IIE. I and III
4. Which of the following statements is logically equivalent to: "If he studies, he will pass the course."
A. He passed the course; therefore, he studied.B. He did not study; therefore, he will not pass the course.C. He did not pass the course; therefore he did not study.D. He will pass the course only if he studies.E. None of the above.
5. If f(x) = x - 7 and g(x) = , what is the domain of gof?
A. x 0B. x -7C. x 0D. x 7E. all real numbers
6. In ABC, a = 1, b = 4, and C = 30°. The length of c is
A. 4.6B. 3.6C. 3.2D. 2.9E. 2.3
7. The solution set of 3x + 4y < 0 lies in which quadrants?
A. I onlyB. I and IIC. I, II, and IIID. II, III, and IVE. I, II, III, and IV
Which of the following could represent the inverse of the function graphed above?
A. B. C. D. E.
9. If f is a linear function and f(-2) = 11, f(5) = -2, and f(x) = 4.3, what is the value of x?
A. -3.1B. -1.9C. 1.6D. 2.9E. 3.2
10. A taxicab company wanted to determine the fuel cost of its fleet. A sample of 30 vehicles was selected, and the fuel cost for the last month was tabulated for each vehicle. Later it was discovered that the highest amount was mistakenly recorded with an extra zero, so it was 10 times the actual amount. When the correction was made, this was still the highest amount. Which of the following must have remained the same after the correction was made?
A. meanB. medianC. modeD. rangeE. standard deviation
11. The range of the function is
A. y < 0B. y > 0C. y 0D. y 0E. all real numbers
12. The formula A = Pe0.04t gives the amount A that a savings account will be worth if an initial investment P is compounded continuously at an annual rate of 4 percent for t years. Under these conditions, how many years will it take an initial investment of $10,000 to be worth approximately $25,000?
A. 1.9B. 2.5C. 9.9D. 22.9E. 25.2
13. A coin is tossed three times. Given that at least one head appears, what is the probability that exactly two heads will appear?
14. A unit vector parallel to vector = (2,-3,6) is vector
A. (-2, 3, -6)B. (6, -3, 2)C. (-0.29, 0.43, -0.86)D. (0.29, 0.43, -0.86)E. (-0.36, -0.54, 1.08)
15. What is the equation of the horizontal asymptote of the function
A. y = -9B. y = -3C. y = 0D. y = E. y = 2
16. The points in the rectangular coordinate plane are transformed in such a way that each point A(x,y) is moved to a point A'(kx,ky). If the distance between a point A and the origin is d, then the distance between the origin and the point A' is
A. B. C. dD. kdE. d2
17. A committee of 5 people is to be selected from 6 men and 9 women. If the selection is made randomly, what is the probability that the committee consists of 3 men and 2 women?
18. Three consecutive terms, in order, of an arithmetic sequence are . Then x equals
A. 2.14B. 2.45C. 2.46D. 3.24E. 3.56
19. The graph of xy - 4x - 2y - 4 = 0 can be expressed as a set of parametric equations. If and x = f (t), then f(t) =
A. t + 1B. t - 1C. 3t - 3D. E.
20. If f(x) = ax2 + bx + c , how must a and b be related so that the graph of f(x - 3) will be symmetric about the y-axis?
A. a = bB. b = 0, a is any real numberC. b = 3aD. b = 6aE.
21. The graph of y = log5 x and y = ln 0.5x intersect at a point where x equals
A. 6.24B. 5.44C. 1.69D. 1.14E. 1.05
22. What is the value of x if and sin x = 5 cos x ?
A. 3.399B. 3.625C. 4.515D. 4.623E. 4.663
23. The area of the region enclosed by the graph of the polar curve and the x- and y-axes is
A. 0.48B. 0.5C. 0.52D. 0.98E. 1
24. A rectangular box has dimensions of length = 6, width = 4, and height = 5. The measure of the angle formed by a diagonal of the box with the base of the box is
A. 27°B. 35°C. 40°D. 44°E. 55°
25. If (x,y) represents a point on the graph of y = 2x + 1, which of the following could be a portion of the graph of the set of points (x,y2)?
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us