See All test questions
Take more free SAT math 1&2 subject practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. x2/3 + x4/3 =
A. x2/3B. x8/9C. xD. x2E. x2/3 (x2/3 + 1)
2. In three dimensions, what is the set of all points for which x = 0?
A. the originB. a line parallel to the x-axisC. the yz-planeD. a plane containing the x-axisE. the x-axis
3. Expressed with positive exponents only, is equivalent to
A. B. C. D. E.
4. If f(x) = and g(x) = x3 + 8, find (f g)(3).
A. 3.3B. 5C. 11D. 35E. 50.5
5. x > sin x for
A. all x > 0B. all x < 0C. all x for which x 0D. all x E. all x for which – < x < 0
6. The sum of the zeros of f(x) = 3x2 – 5 is
A. 3.3B. 1.8C. 1.7D. 1.3E. 0
7. The intersection of a plane with a right circular cylinder could be which of the following?
I. A circle
II. Parallel lines
III. Intersecting lines
A. I onlyB. II onlyC. III onlyD. I and II onlyE. I, II, and III
8. There is a linear relationship between the number of cricket chirps and the temperature of the air. A biologist developed the regression model y = 24.9 + 3.5x, valid for values of x between 10 and 24. In this model, x is the number of chirps per minute and y is the predicted temperature in degrees Fahrenheit. What is the estimated increase in temperature that corresponds to an increase of 8 chirps per minute?
A. 3.5°B. 24.9°C. 28°D. 28.4°E. 52.9°
9. The graph of f(x) = has a vertical asymptote at x =
A. 0 onlyB. 5 onlyC. 10 onlyD. 0 and 5 onlyE. 0, 5, and 10
10. P(x) = x5 + x4 – 2x3 – x – 1 has at most n positive zeros. Then n =
A. 0B. 1C. 2D. 3E. 5
11. Of the following lists of numbers, which has the largest standard deviation?
A. 2, 7, 15B. 3, 7, 14C. 5, 7, 12D. 10, 11, 12E. 11, 11, 11
12. If f(x) is a linear function and f(2) = 1 and f(4) = –2, then f(x) =
13. The length of the radius of a circle is one-half the length of an arc of the circle. How large is the central angle that intercepts that arc?
A. 60oB. 120oC. 1RD. 2RE. πR
14. If f(x) = 2x + 1, then f–1(7) =
A. 2.4B. 2.6C. 2.8D. 3E. 3.6
15. Find all values of x that satisfy the determinant equation .
A. –1B. –1 or 1.5C. 1.5D. –1.5E. –1.5 or 1
16. The 71st term of 30, 27, 24, 21, ? ? ? , is
A. 5325B. 240C. 180D. –180E. –183
17. If 0 < x < and tan 5x = 3, to the nearest tenth, what is the value of tan x?
A. 0.5B. 0.4C. 0.3D. 0.2E. 0.1
18. If 4.05p= 5.25q, what is the value of ?
A. –0.11B. 0.11C. 1.19D. 1.3E. 1.67
19. A cylinder has a base radius of 2 and a height of 9. To the nearest whole number, by how much does the lateral area exceed the sum of the areas of the two bases?
A. 101B. 96C. 88D. 81E. 75
20. If cos 67° = tan x°, then x =
A. 0.4B. 6.8C. 7.8D. 21E. 29.3
21. P(x) = x3 + 18x – 30 has a zero in the interval
A. (0, 0.5)B. (0.5, 1)C. (1, 1.5)D. (1.5, 2)E. (2, 2.5)
22. The lengths of the sides of a triangle are 23, 32, and 37. To the nearest degree, what is the value of the largest angle?
A. 71°B. 83°C. 122°D. 128°E. 142°
23. If f(x) = and g(x) = , find the domain of f g.
A. x –1B. x 2C. x –1, x 2D. x –1, x 3E. x –1
24. Two cards are drawn from a regular deck of 52 cards. What is the probability that both will be 7s?
A. 0.149B. 0.04C. 0.012D. 0.009E. 0.005
25. If =3.216, then =
A. 321.6B. 32.16C. 10.17D. 5.67E. 4.23
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us