See All test questions
Take more free SAT physics practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. 1. An object of mass 0.5 kg, moving in a circular path of radius 0.25 m, experiences a centripetal acceleration of constant magnitude 9 m/s2. What is the object’s angular speed?
A. 2.3 rad/sB. 4.5 rad/sC. 6 rad/sD. 12 rad/sE. Cannot be determined from the information given
In an effort to tighten a bolt, a force F is applied as shown in the figure above. If the distance from the end of the wrench to the center of the bolt is 20 cm and F = 20 N, what is the magnitude of the torque produced by F ?
A. 0 N × mB. 1 N × mC. 2 N × mD. 4 N × mE. 10 N × m
In the figure above, what is the torque about the pendulum’s suspension point produced by the weight of the bob, given that the mass is 40 cm below the suspension point, measured vertically, and m = 0.50 kg ?
A. 0.49 N × mB. 1.15 N × mC. 1.7 N × mD. 2.0 N × mE. 3.4 N × m
A uniform meter stick of mass 1 kg is hanging from a thread attached at the stick’s midpoint. One block of mass m = 3 kg hangs from the left end of the stick, and another block, of unknown mass m, hangs below the 80 cm mark on the meter stick. If the stick remains at rest in the horizontal position shown above, what is m ?
A. 4 kgB. 5 kgC. 6 kgD. 8 kgE. 9 kg
5. An object moves at constant speed in a circular path. True statements about the motion include which of the following?
I. The velocity is constant.
II. The acceleration is constant.
III. The net force on the object is zero since its speed is constant.
A. II onlyB. I and III onlyC. II and III onlyD. I and II onlyE. None of the above
6. Three thin, uniform rods each of length L are arranged in the shape of an inverted U.
The two rods on the arms of the U each have mass m; the third rod has mass 2m. How far below the midpoint of the horizontal rod is the center of mass of this assembly?
A. B. C. D. E.
7. A satellite is currently orbiting Earth in a circular orbit of radius R; its kinetic energy is K1. If the satellite is moved and enters a new circular orbit of radius 2R, what will be its kinetic energya?
A. B. C. K1D. 2K1E. 4K1
8. A moon of Jupiter has a nearly circular orbit of radius R and an orbit period of T. Which of the following expressions gives the mass of Jupiter?
9. The mean distance from Saturn to the sun is 9 times greater than the mean distance from Earth to the sun. How long is a Saturn year?
A. 18 Earth yearsB. 27 Earth yearsC. 81 Earth yearsD. 243 Earth yearsE. 729 Earth years
10. Two satellites orbit the earth in circular orbits, each traveling at a constant speed. The radius of satellite A’s orbit is R, and the radius of satellite B’s orbit is 3R. Both satellites have the same mass. How does FA, the centripetal force on satellite A, compare with FB, the centripetal force on satellite B ?
A. FA = 9FBB. FA = 3FBC. FA = FBD. FB = 3FAE. FB = 9FA
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us