See All test questions
Take more free SAT physics practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. Which of the following is/are true concerning magnetic forces and fields?
I. The magnetic field lines due to a current-carrying wire radiate away from the wire.
II. The kinetic energy of a charged particle can be increased by a magnetic force.
III. A charged particle can move through a magnetic field without feeling a magnetic force.
A. I onlyB. II and III onlyC. I and II onlyD. III onlyE. I and III only
2. The velocity of a particle of charge +4.0 × 10–9 C and mass 2 × 10–4 kg is perpendicular to a 0.1-tesla magnetic field. If the particle’s speed is 3 × 104 m/s, what is the acceleration of this particle due to the magnetic force?
A. 0.0006 m/s2B. 0.006 m/s2C. 0.06 m/s2D. 0.6 m/s2E. None of the above
3. In the figure below, what is the direction of the magnetic force FB ?
A. To the rightB. Downward, in the plane of the pageC. Upward, in the plane of the pageD. Out of the plane of the pageE. Into the plane of the page
4. In the figure below, what must be the direction of the particle’s velocity, v ?
5. Due to the magnetic force, a positively charged particle executes uniform circular motion within a uniform magnetic field, B. If the charge is q and the radius of its path is r, which of the following expressions gives the magnitude of the particle’s linear momentum?
A. qBrB. C. D. E.
6. A straight wire of length 2 m carries a 10-amp current. How much stronger is the magnetic field at a distance of 2 cm from the wire than it is at 4 cm from the wire?
A. 2B. 2C. 4D. 4E. 8
7. Due to the magnetic force, a positively charged particle undergoes uniform circular motion in a uniform magnetic field. Which of the following changes could cause the radius of the circular path to decrease?
A. Increase the mass of the particleB. Increase the speed of the particleC. Decrease the charge of the particleD. Decrease the strength of the magnetic fieldE. None of the above
8. In the figure below, what must be the direction of the magnetic field?
A. To the left, in the plane of the pageB. Upward, in the plane of the pageC. Downward, in the plane of the pageD. Out of the plane of the pageE. Into the plane of the page
9. A particle of charge –0.04 C is projected with speed 2 × 104 m/s into a uniform magnetic field, B, of strength 0.5 T. If the particle’s velocity as it enters the field is perpendicular to B, what is the magnitude of the magnetic force on this particle?
A. 4 NB. 8 NC. 40 ND. 80 NE. 400 N
10. A charge of mass m and charge q is moving in a circle of radius r and speed v due to a uniform magnetic field B. If the speed is doubled to 2v, what happens to the period, T ?
A. T increases by a factor of 2B. T increases by a factor of 4C. T stays the sameD. T decreases by a factor of 2E. T decreases by a factor of 4
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us