See All test questions
Take more free SAT physics practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. Four resistors are hooked together in parallel. The resistors have values of 20, 40, 60, and 80 respectively. What is the total resistance of the resistors?
A. 4.4B. 9.6C. 14.8D. 20E. 25.2
2. An Olympic weight lifter lifts a weight bar weighing 2000N straight up to a height of 2.25 m in a time of .65 seconds. The weight lifter stands holding the weight at that height for the next 4 seconds before dropping the weights to the floor.
How much work did the weight lifter do while holding the weights overhead?
A. 1300 JoulesB. 3077 JoulesC. 4500 JoulesD. 8000 JoulesE. No work was done
3. An Olympic weight lifter lifts a weight bar weighing 2000N straight up to a height of 2.25 m in a time of .65 seconds. The weight lifter stands holding the weight at that height for the next 4 seconds before dropping the weights to the floor.
How much power did the weight lifter use to lift the weights overhead?
A. 2925 wattsB. 3077 wattsC. 4500 wattsD. 6923 wattsE. 9100 watts
A light ray strikes a photovoltaic metal as shown above. Which of the following statements is correct if a voltage is introduced into the metal by the light ray?
I. The light ray is a blue light.
II. The beam is below threshold.
III. The beam does not contain any photons.
A. I onlyB. II onlyC. I and III onlyD. II and III onlyE. I, II, and III
5. A rescue plane flying at 162 km/hr drops a survival package to a group of stranded skiers from a height of 70 m. After dropping the package the pilot of the plane continues to fly in a straight line. When the package strikes the ground it is
A. 85 m behind the plane.B. 170 m behind the plane.C. 255 m behind the plane.D. 462 m behind the plane.E. directly beneath the plane.
In the diagram above, two wires are aligned side by side. They are both hooked into different circuits in which the current is switched on to allow current to flow in each circuit. Which of the following statements is correct?
A. The two currents destructively interfere with each other.B. The two currents constructively interfere with each other.C. The two wires attract and move closer.D. The two wires repel and move away.E. The two wires remain still.
7. A species of hummingbird beats its wings 3,300 times per minute. What frequency of sound will a nearby person hear when the hummingbird flies by?
A. .003 HzB. .018 HzC. 6 HzD. 55 HzE. 3300 Hz
8. A student uses a magnetic compass to perform a laboratory experiment in the Northern Hemisphere. She then carries the same magnetic compass with her to the Southern Hemisphere, taking care not to damage the compass in any way. When she reaches her destination at the equivalent latitude and longitude in the Southern Hemisphere, she prepares to perform the same laboratory experiment. The student looks at the compass before performing the experiment to see if the compass needle has changed. How has the compass changed?
A. The compass needle points 90°to the left of the expected direction.B. The compass needle points 90°to the right of the expected direction.C. The compass needle slowly rotates in a counter-clockwise direction.D. The compass needle slowly rotates in a clockwise direction.E. There has been no change in the compass.
9. An ideal gas is placed in a 4L container at a temperature of 300K and a pressure of 6 atmospheres. The pressure is held constant while the volume of the gas is halved. What is the new temperature of the gas?
A. 1200KB. 600KC. 300KD. 150KE. 75K
10. A photovoltaic metal absorbs a photon of yellow light and immediately emits an ultraviolet photon. This is called
A. fluorescence.B. influorescence.C. phosphorescence.D. photoluminescence.E. This is not possible.
Two spheres are at rest on an inclined ramp as shown above. Sphere A has a mass ten times larger than sphere B. Both spheres are released at the same time and roll down the ramp. Which statement best describes the situation by the time sphere B reaches the bottom of the ramp?
A. The velocity of sphere A equals the velocity of sphere B.B. The kinetic energy of sphere A equals the kinetic energy of sphere B.C. The potential energy of sphere A equals the potential energy of sphere B.D. Sphere A will catch up to sphere B.E. Sphere B accelerates away from sphere A.
12. The frequency of a wave is 4 cycles per second, and its speed is .08 meters per second.
What is the period of one of the waves?
A. .25 secondsB. .55 secondsC. 3.125 secondsD. .02 secondsE. 12.55 seconds
13. The frequency of a wave is 4 cycles per second, and its speed is .08 meters per second.
What is the wavelength of one of the waves?
14. An electric circuit is composed of a pair of parallel 30 ohm resistors in series with a 9 ohm resistor. The current through the 9 ohm resistor is .25 A.What is the voltage applied to the circuit?
A. 1.5 VB. 3 VC. 6 VD. 12 VE. 24 V
15. Which of the following best describes the condition of an enclosed gas during an adiabatic compression?
A. The internal energy of the gas increases.B. Work is done by the gas.C. Work is done on the gas.D. The gas remains at a constant temperature.E. The temperature of the gas decreases
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us