See All test questions
Take more free SAT physics practice tests available from cracksat.net.
A block resting on the surface shown above has a force of 20N applied. Which statement best describes the force between the block and the surface upon which it rests?
A. The normal force is less than 50N.B. The normal force is greater than 50N.C. The normal force is equal to 50N.D. The coefficient of friction increases as the angle increases.E. The coefficient of friction decreases as the angle increases.
A radium atom decays into a radon atom as shown in the equation above. Which of the quantities below correctly finishes the equation?
A. AlphaB. BetaC. GammaD. NeutronE. Neutrino
A large rimmed hoop with a bowling ball inside it rolls down an incline. Which of the following statements best describes the relationship between the hoop and the bowling ball?
A. Their angular accelerations are the same.B. Their angular displacements are the same.C. Their angular velocities are the same.D. Their tangential displacements are the same.E. Their centripetal accelerations are the same.
4. When a net force acts upon an object, the object is
A. at rest.B. gaining mass.C. losing mass.D. accelerating.E. moving at constant velocity.
An object (O) is placed in front of a convex lens as shown above. Where is the image located?
A. Point AB. Point BC. Point CD. Point DE. Point E
6. In the theory of relativity it is stated that all laws of nature are the same in reference frames that
A. accelerate.B. vibrate.C. rotate.D. oscillate.E. move at a constant rate.
7. Which of the following is/are uses for polarized light waves?
II. Remove ultraviolet light
III. Reveal stress patterns
A. I onlyB. II onlyC. I and III onlyD. II and III onlyE. I, II, and III
8. A .5 kg ball is swinging at the end of a 2 m string that has a tension of 6.25 N in it. Find the speed of the ball as it travels its circular path.
A. 3.8NB. 4.4NC. 5ND. 5.6NE. 6.2N
9. A solid copper sphere has a charge of .2C placed on it. Which of the following statements best describes the charge distribution for the sphere?
A. The charge is equally distributed throughout the entire sphere.B. The charge is concentrated inside the sphere with some charge on the outside.C. The charge is equally distributed on the outside surface of the sphere.D. The charge is equally distributed throughout the inside of the sphere only.E. The charge is concentrated in the center of the sphere.
10. A 30 g icicle that is at a temperature 0°C falls 6 meters from the eaves of a house to the ground below. If 5% of the kinetic energy that the icicle possesses when it strikes the ground converts into heat, which of the following is plausible? (Note: Hfwater .335J/g).
A. The ice would become colder during the fall; therefore, no ice would melt.B. This would not happen because it would break the law of conservation of mass.C. Less than .3g of the icicle would melt.D. The frictional work done to stop the icicle's fall would use up all the energy and leave none for anything else.E. The icicle would shatter and the energy would convert into momentum.
11. Any object that is accelerated to near the speed of light experiences which of the following?
A. An increase in its lengthB. An increase in the rate of time passageC. Decrease in energyD. Decrease in momentumE. Increase in mass
12. A bicyclist travels at a constant 25 km/hr for 30 minutes. He coasts for 15 minutes at a constant 20 km/hr and then pedals at a constant 40 km/hr for another 15 minutes. What was the average speed of the cyclist for the past hour?
A. 22.5 km/hrB. 25 km/hrC. 27.5 km/hrD. 30 km/hrE. 32.5 km/hr
13. A flat plane is raised until a block resting on its surface just slides down the plane at a constant rate. Which statement(s) is/are true?
I. The parallel force equals the frictional force.
II. The weight of the object equals the frictional force.
III. The perpendicular force equals the normal force.
14. Two gases are insulated from their surroundings but are in contact with each other so heat can flow between them. One gas is hot at t = 0 and the other gas is cold at t = 0. After time passes and the gases equilibrate, which of the following will have happened?
A. The particles in the cold gas will have slowed in their rate of movement.B. The particles in the hot gas will have increased their rate of movement.C. The temperature of the cold gas will have decreased.D. The temperature of the hot gas will have increased.E. The temperature of the hot gas will have decreased.
15. A driver in an automobile hears a siren behind her and pulls over to let a fire engine pass. The sound of the siren changes as the fire truck approaches, is beside her, and passes her. Which of the following is/are true under these conditions?
I. The pitch of the sound increases as the fire truck approaches.
II. The wavelength of the sound increases as the fire truck approaches.
III. The wavelength of the sound increases after the fire truck passes.
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us