See All test questions
Take more free SAT US history practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. Why did the Northern delegates allow the removal from the Declaration of Independence a passage referring to the slave trade as a "cruel war against human nature"?
A. They supported the slave trade.B. They were slave owners from large plantations.C. They did not like the implication that they were slaves of the king of Great Britain.D. They thought the Southerners would not vote for independence if that passage was not removed.E. They did not believe that this was the right time to free the slaves.
2. General Howe was determined to capture the city of Philadelphia primarily because
A. it was the capital city and such a capture would be prestigiousB. it was an important Atlantic seaport cityC. it had been the scene of most of the fierce resistance to the Acts of Parliament before the war beganD. it was the home of Benjamin FranklinE. it was a Loyalist city and would welcome the arrival of the British
3. Which of the following lists the battles in the correct chronological order?
A. Brandywine, Monmouth, SaratogaB. Saratoga, Brandywine, MonmouthC. Monmouth, Brandywine, SaratogaD. Saratoga, Monmouth, BrandywineE. Brandywine, Saratoga, Monmouth
4. What was the primary purpose of the Olive Branch Petition?
A. To open trade between the United States and the Mediterranean nations of Greece and ItalyB. To ask King George III to bring about a reconciliation between Parliament and the coloniesC. To state the reasons for Americans to declare their independence from Great BritainD. To urge Americans to declare independence from a corrupt hereditary monarchyE. To justify America's decision to begin to take up arms against the redcoats
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us