See All test questions
Take more free SAT World history practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. What is the primary reason the Soviet Union installed communist regimes in Eastern Europe after World War II?
A. To prevent the spread of democracyB. To insulate itself from the WestC. To take control of trade in the regionD. To increase its supply of natural resourcesE. To help spread communism through Europe
2. Why did the Korean War ultimately end in a stalemate?
A. Because UN forces were unable to penetrate North Korean territoryB. Because the South Korean government was not supported by the Korean peopleC. Because Soviet forces threatened to enter the battle on North Korea's behalfD. Because the Chinese entered the war and forced UN troops to retreatE. Because the North Koreans did not have the resources to take South Korea entirely
3. In response to Ho Chi Minh's victory over the French in 1954, the Geneva Conference
A. formally condemned Ho and called for his removalB. recognized Vietnam as an entirely independent nationC. split Vietnam into a communist north and democratic southD. enacted international economic embargoes against VietnamE. petitioned the United Nations to send troops to restore French control
4. The war that followed the formation of the Jewish state of Israel resulted in all of the following, EXCEPT
A. Israeli control of the West BankB. the establishment of Palestinian refugee campsC. Israeli seizure of land intended for the PalestiniansD. Egyptian control over the Gaza StripE. Israeli victory over Arab forces
5. Mikhail Gorbachev's policy of perestroika was an attempt to stabilize the Soviet Union by
A. encouraging discussion about governmentB. reducing political corruptionC. restructuring the economyD. allowing more foreign tradeE. promoting the further spread of communism
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us