How to balance your time on the SAT essay
Timing Is Everything
One of the hardest things about the essay is balancing your time. You have 25 minutes to write, which is not a lot. Here's a rough guideline to help keep you on track:
First 3 minutes: Think. Organize. Take a point of view. Brainstorm, and write down the examples you've picked.
Next 17–20 minutes: Write. Try to balance your time between the intro and body paragraphs.
Last 2–5 minutes: Conclusion. If you haven't done so already, begin writing your conclusion.
- New SAT Essay Writing Tips
- A few tips that may help you get good SAT essay scores
- ETS graders focus on three major things when looking at your SAT essay.
- How Quickly Your SAT Essay Is Graded
- SAT Essay: What ETS Says Is Graded
- How is the SAT essay scored?
- How to write the SAT essay
- What Are the SAT Essays About?
- The Important Reminders on SAT Essay