New SAT Essay Writing Tips
SAT Essay Writing Tips
- Maintain formal style and objective tone. Avoid "I" and "you." Do not use slang.
- Use varied sentence structure.
- Write neatly.
- Use clear transitions.
- Use short, relevant quotes from the text.
- Don't worry about official terms for things. "Appeal to the emotions" is fine instead of specifically referencing "pathos," and "comparison of two things" can be used instead of referring to a metaphor. If you do know the official terms, though, feel free to use them!
- April 2019 SAT Essay Sample: "US Public Libraries: We Lose Them at Our Peril"
- May 2019 SAT in Asia Essay Sample: "Let's Expose the Gender Pay Gap"
- May 2019 SAT Essay Sample: "Allow Video Cameras in the Supreme Court"
- December 2018 SAT Essay Sample: "Teachers Shouldn't Teach for Free"
- March 2019 SAT Test Essay Sample: "How to Prevent an Oil Train Disaster"
- March 2019 SAT Test in Asia Essay Sample: "Let There be (less) Light"
- November 2018 SAT Test in Asia Essay Sample: "The Real Reasons to Support Language"
- November 2018 SAT Essay Sample: "Lesson of Santa Barbara Oil Spill: Leave Petroleum in the Ground"
- October 2018 SAT Test in Asia Essay Sample: "All Girls Deserve Education Beyond Primary"
- October 2018 SAT essay sample: "Protect Our Bats"