How to raise your new SAT essay score?
According to College Board, your essay score will be based on whether you:
- make use of a central claim
- use effective organization and progression of ideas
- use varied sentence structures
- employ precise word choice
- maintain consistent, appropriate style and tone
- show command of the conventions of standard written English
This is also where you show your grader that you have read, understood, and analyzed the text.
- April 2019 SAT Essay Sample: "US Public Libraries: We Lose Them at Our Peril"
- May 2019 SAT in Asia Essay Sample: "Let's Expose the Gender Pay Gap"
- May 2019 SAT Essay Sample: "Allow Video Cameras in the Supreme Court"
- December 2018 SAT Essay Sample: "Teachers Shouldn't Teach for Free"
- March 2019 SAT Test Essay Sample: "How to Prevent an Oil Train Disaster"
- March 2019 SAT Test in Asia Essay Sample: "Let There be (less) Light"
- November 2018 SAT Test in Asia Essay Sample: "The Real Reasons to Support Language"
- November 2018 SAT Essay Sample: "Lesson of Santa Barbara Oil Spill: Leave Petroleum in the Ground"
- October 2018 SAT Test in Asia Essay Sample: "All Girls Deserve Education Beyond Primary"
- October 2018 SAT essay sample: "Protect Our Bats"