SAT Math Multiple Choice Practice Question 501: Answer and Explanation

Next steps

Question: 501

21. Cindy has a collection of 80 records. If 40% of her records are jazz records, and the rest are blues records, how many blues records does she have?

A. 32
B. 40
C. 42
D. 48
E. 50

Correct Answer: D

Explanation:

D The idea of the rest in this question can save you from doing unnecessary arithmetic. If 40% of the records are jazz, then the rest, or 60%, are blues. Because there are 80 records, just use your calculator to find 60% of 80, which is 48.

Previous       Next