Home > SAT Test > SAT Math Multiple Choice Practice Tests
See All test questions
Take more free SAT Math Multiple Choice Practice Tests available from cracksat.net.
1. Bryan, who works in a high-end jewelry store, earns a base pay of $10.00 per hour plus a certain percent commission on the sales that he helps to broker in the store. Bryan worked an average of 35 hours per week over the past two weeks and helped to broker sales of $5,000.00 worth of jewelry during that same two-week period. If Bryan's earnings for the two-week period were $850.00, what percent commission on sales does Bryan earn?
2. If , which of the following could be an expression of C in terms of x ?
3. Lennon has 6 hours to spend in Ha Ha Tonka State Park. He plans to drive around the park at an average speed of 20 miles per hour, looking for a good trail to hike. Once he finds a trail he likes, he will spend the remainder of his time hiking it. He hopes to travel more than 60 miles total while in the park. If he hikes at an average speed of 1.5 miles per hour, which of the following systems of inequalities can be solved for the number of hours Lennon spends driving, d, and the number of hours he spends hiking, h, while he is at the park?
4. In a certain sporting goods manufacturing company, a quality control expert tests a randomly selected group of 1,000 tennis balls in order to determine how many contain defects. If this quality control expert discovered that 13 of the randomly selected tennis balls were defective, which of the following inferences would be most supported?
5. If - < -3z + 6 < - , what is the greatest possible integer value of 9z - 18 ?
6. -24 - 8j = 12k 3 + k = - j
Which of the following ordered pairs (j, k) is the solution to the system of equations above?
7. United States Investment inAlternative Energy Sources
The table above shows the relative investment in alternative energy sources in the United States by type. One column shows the relative investment in 2007 of $75 million total invested in alternative energy. The other column shows the projected relative investment in 2017 given current trends. The total projected investment in alternative energy in 2017 is $254 million. Suppose that a new source of alternative energy, Cold Fusion, is perfected. It is projected that by 2017 that $57 million will be invested in Cold Fusion in the United States, without any corresponding reduction in investment for any other form of alternative energy. What portion of the total investment of alternative energy in the United States will be spent on biofuels?
8. (x - 2)2 + y2 = 36 y = -x + 2
The equations above represent a circle and a line that intersects the circle across its diameter. What is the point of intersection of the two equations that lies in quadrant II?
The graph of f(x) is shown above in the xy-plane. The points (0, 3), (5b, b), and (10b, -b) are on the line described by f(x). If b is a positive constant, what are the coordinates of point C ?
10. Melanie puts $1,100 in an investment account that she expects will make 5% interest for each three-month period. However, after a year she realizes she was wrong about the interest rate and she has $50 less than she expected. Assuming the interest rate the account earns is constant, which of the following equations expresses the total amount of money, x, she will have after t years using the actual rate?
If the radius of the circle above is x, ∠AOB = 120°, and O is the center of the circle, what is the length of chord AB in terms of x ?
12. Students in a physics class are studying how the angle at which a projectile is launched on level ground affects the projectile's hang time and horizontal range. Hang time can be calculated using the formula t = ,where t is the hang time in seconds, v is the initial launch velocity, θ is the projectile angle with respect to level ground, and g is the acceleration due to gravity, defined as 9.8 m/s2. Horizontal range can be calculated using the formula R = , where R is the distance the projectile travels from the launch site, in feet. Which of the following gives the value of v, in terms of R, t, and θ ?
13. If (i413)(ix) = 1, then what is one possible value of x ?
14. The function g is defined by g(x) = 2x2 - dx - 6, where d is a constant. If one of the zeros of g is 6, what is the value of the other zero of g ?
15. The flu shot for a flu season is created from four strains of the flu virus, named Strain A, B, C, and D, respectively. Medical researchers use the following data to determine the effectiveness of the vaccine over the flu season. Table 1 shows the effectiveness of the vaccine against each of these strains individually. The graph below the table shows the prevalence of each of these strains during each month of the flu season, represented as a percentage of the overall cases of flu that month.
For the strain against which the flu shot was the most effective, approximately how effective was the shot overall when that strain was least prevalent?
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2016 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us