Home > SAT Test > SAT Math Multiple Choice Practice Tests
See All test questions
Take more free SAT Math Multiple Choice Practice Tests available from cracksat.net.
The Florida Department of Wildlife caught and tagged 10 adult female alligators as part of an effort to protect this endangered species. They took various measurements and readings related to body size and health. The total body length is plotted against the tail length in the scatterplot shown above, along with a line of best fit. Which of the following equations best models the data?
Which of the following lists correctly orders the lines in the figure above according to their slopes, from least to greatest?
Which of the following is a solution to the system of inequalities shown in the figure above?
4. The American political system is largely a two-party system. In fact, only six candidates who were not associated with either the Republican or the Democratic Party have been elected governor in any state since 1990. In one such election, the ratio of votes received for the Independent candidate to the Democratic candidate to the Republican candidate was approximately 19:18:13. If 510,000 votes were cast in the election, how many more votes were cast for the Independent candidate than for the Republican candidate?
5. There are four ways in which state judges are selected for their positions. One is by election, another is appointment by the governor (usually with the confirmation by the state legislature), and a third is appointment by the state legislature. The final way is a hybrid of the last two, called the Missouri Plan, in which a nonpartisan legislative committee recommends a list of candidates and the governor chooses from this list. The table above shows the number of states that engage in each process for the highest court of the state, usually called the state Supreme Court. What percent of states select judges using the Missouri Plan?
6. A botanist collects and models some data and is able to determine that the number of germinated seeds of a certain plant is linearly correlated to the amount of rainfall during the previous month, according to the equation s = 28.5r + 83. In this equation, s is the number of seeds germinated, and r is the amount of rainfall in inches. In a certain geographic region that the botanist is studying, 197 seeds germinated. Approximately how many inches of rainfall did that area receive during the previous month?
7. A dendrologist (a botanist who studies trees exclusively) is examining the way in which a certain tree sheds its leaves. He tracks the number of leaves shed each day over the period of a month, starting when the first leaf is shed. He organizes the data in a scatterplot and sees that the data can be modeled using an exponential function. He determines the exponential model to be f(x) = 6(1.92)x, where x is the number of days after the tree began to shed its leaves. What does the value 1.92 in the function tell the dendrologist?
Which inequality symbol would make the above statement true?
9. Generally, the price of an item is a good indicator of how many units of that item will be sold. The lower the price, the more units will be sold. A marketing department develops a table showing various price points and the projected number of units sold at that price point. Which of the following represents the linear relationship shown in the table, where x is the price and y is the number of units sold?
10. A mailing supply store sells small shipping boxes in packs of 8 or 20. If the store has 61 packs in stock totaling 800 small shipping boxes, how many packs have 20 boxes in them, assuming all the packs are full?
11. Given that which of the following is equivalent to the sum i125 + i125?
Which of the following is equivalent to the expression above?
The graph above shows a delivery truck's distance from the company's warehouse over a two-hour period, during which time the delivery people made two deliveries and then returned to the warehouse. Based on the graph, which of the following statements could be true?
14. Plants are capable of cross-pollinating with related but different plants. This creates a hybrid plant. Sometimes, a hybrid plant is superior to the two different plants from which it was derived. This is known as "hybrid vigor." Scientists can examine the DNA of a plant to see if it is a hybrid. This can be valuable information because if the plant appears superior, it would be beneficial to develop more of these hybrids. An agricultural scientist examines an orchard that has several types of apple trees and orange trees to see which ones are hybrids. Some of the information she collected is shown in the table below.
Based on the data, if 45% of the apple trees are not hybrids, how many apple trees are hybrids?
15. Plants are capable of cross-pollinating with related but different plants. This creates a hybrid plant. Sometimes, a hybrid plant is superior to the two different plants from which it was derived. This is known as "hybrid vigor." Scientists can examine the DNA of a plant to see if it is a hybrid. This can be valuable information because if the plant appears superior, it would be beneficial to develop more of these hybrids. An agricultural scientist examines an orchard that has several types of apple trees and orange trees to see which ones are hybrids. Some of the information she collected is shown in the table below.
The scientist wants to study the orange trees to check for hybrid vigor. If she chooses one orange tree at random, what is the probability that it will be a hybrid?
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2016 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us