See All test questions
Take more free SAT math multiple choice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. If p = 5 and q = -4, then p(p - q) =
A. -45B. -5C. 4D. 5E. 45
2. A coat was on sale for 50% off. Katie bought the coat, using a "$10 off the current price" coupon. If she paid $35 for the coat, what was its original price?
A. $45B. $70C. $80D. $90E. $95
3. If the ratio of k to m is the same as the ratio of m to n, then which of the following must be true?
A. kn = m2B. k + m = m + nC. kn = 2mD. km = mnE. k - m = m - n
In this circle, point O is the center of the large circle, and points P and Q are the centers of the two smaller circles. If the distance PQ = 6, then the area of the large circle is
A. 144πB. 72πC. 36πD. 12πE. 6π
5. Given that o is odd and that e is even, which of the following must be odd?
A. oeB. (o - e)(o + e)C. o(o + 1)D. (e + 1)(o - 1)E. e(o - e)
6. A train leaves the station at 10:45 p.m. and arrives at its destination at 2 a.m. the next day (without changing time zones). The train was stopped for 1/2 hour while it had engine trouble; the rest of the time, its average speed was 80 miles per hour. What total distance did the train travel?
A. 120 milesB. 140 milesC. 220 milesD. 240 milesE. 260 miles
7. How many hours are in w weeks and d days?
A. 7w + dB. 168w + 24dC. 24w + 168dD. 168w + dE. 7w + 24d
Given that B is the midpoint of line segment AC, which of the following is not true?
A. The distance from A to C is 5 units.B. Point C has coordinates (7, 3).C. The distance from A to B is equal to the distance from B to C.D. The line segment connecting A to B has the same slope as the line segment connecting B to C.E. The slope of AC is positive.
9. Getting ready for a party, Nandan expected to set up 1/3 of the tables needed. Unfortunately, one of the people helping him did not show up. As a result, he now had to set up 1/2 of the tables. If he had to set up 4 more tables than he expected, what was the total number of tables set up for the party?
A. 8B. 12C. 20D. 24E. 30
10. Which of the following equations would have a graph that passes through the point (-1, 4)?
A. y = x - 5B. x + y = 5C. -x + 3 = yD. 2y - 3x = 5E. y = x2 + 5
Find the shaded area in this figure, where O is the center of the circle.
A. 676π - 240B. 676π - 120C. 576π - 120D. 169π - 240E. 169π - 120
12. The three-digit number ABC has the following properties:
The middle digit is the sum of the first and last digits.
None of the digits repeat.
ABC is divisible by 5.
Which of the following could equal B?
A. 6B. 5C. 4D. 3E. 2
The number of solutions to f(x) = 0 is
A. 0B. 1C. 2D. 3E. It cannot be determined from the graph alone.
Which of the following graphs represents f(x) - 2?
A. B. C. D. E.
If a line were drawn connecting f(3) and f(-2), the slope of this line would be
A. positiveB. negativeC. zeroD. not a real numberE. It cannot be determined from the graph alone.
16. If and , then b could be
A. -8B. -7C. -6D. 7E. 8
17. At 1 p.m., a 5-foot-tall boy casts a shadow that is 1 foot, 3 inches long. How tall is a tree that casts a shadow that is 7 feet long at the same time?
A. 35 feetB. 28 feetC. 26 feet, 9 inchesD. 10 feet, 9 inchesE. 1 foot, 8 inches
18. If vw = x, wx = y, and xy = z, which of the following would be equal to yz?
A. v2w2B. v3w5C. v4w4D. v4w6E. v5w8
In this triangle, AC bisects angle BAD. Find AC. (Figure is not drawn to scale.)
A. B. C. D. 5E. 10
20. Rick and Jacob play a game in which each one rolls two six-sided dice (each die is numbered from one to six). Rick's score is the sum of his two rolls. Jacob's score is three times the lower number that he rolls; for example, if he rolls a 2 and a 5, his score is 6. On his first roll, Rick rolls a 4 and a 5. Find the probability that Jacob's rolls will result in his having exactly the same score as Rick.
A. 4/12B. 7/12C. 4/36D. 7/36E. 9/36
21. What is the result when -8 is subtracted from 10?
A. 18B. 2C. -2D. -18E. -80
22. A certain shipping company charges $3.99 per pound for packages of 15 pounds or less, and $3.49 per pound for packages weighing more than 15 pounds. If Lyle sends two 10-pound packages, and Gretchen sends one 20-pound package, what is the difference between their total costs?
A. $0B. $0.50C. $7.50D. $10E. $69.80
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us