HOW TO ACE THE SAT WRITING AND LANGUAGE TEST: A STRATEGY
Check what's changing in the answer choices.
Figure out what the question is testing and let the differences reveal potential errors.
Use Process of Elimination.
If you haven't eliminated three answers, pick the shortest one that is most consistent with the rest of the sentence.
Many of the "questions" on the W & L Test aren't exactly questions; instead, you'll be presented with a series of passages with different portions of it underlined.
Check what's changing in the answer choices. The answer choices not only tell you what a particular question is testing, but also reveal mistakes that you might not have otherwise seen.
- Introduction to SAT Writing and Language Strategy
- The SAT Writing and Language Test-Words
- The SAT Writing and Language Test-Words and Punctuation in Reverse
- The SAT Writing and Language Test-Punctuation
- The SAT Writing and Language Test-Precision Questions
- The SAT Writing and Language Test-Consistency Questions