See All test questions
Take more free SAT biology subject practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. Which of these BEST describes the part of the molecule shown?
A. It is hydrophilic.B. It forms the outer layer of the plasma membrane.C. It is composed of phosphate atoms.D. It contains nonpolar covalent bonds.E. It is capable of hydrogen bonding.
2. A plant cell is placed in a hypotonic solution. As a result, the cell will
A. lyseB. swell but remain intactC. shrivelD. remain unchangedE. take up solutes
3. A solute cannot move into a cell by crossing the phospholipid bilayer of the membrane. It can, however, enter through a membrane protein. The fact that solute molecules are entering the cell MOST LIKELY indicates that
A. energy is being expended by the cellB. the solute is moving against its concentration gradientC. the solute molecules are hydrophilicD. the cell is in a hypotonic solutionE. solute concentration is higher inside than outside the cell
4. How can a water molecule BEST be described?
I. It is nonpolar.
II. It has an equal electron distribution.
III. It is able to form hydrogen bonds.
A. I onlyB. II onlyC. III onlyD. I and IIE. I and III
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us