See All test questions
Take more free SAT biology subject practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. How does the ATP synthase enzyme function in the cell?
A. It uses energy to move ions against their concentration gradient by removing a phosphate group from ATP.B. It uses the power of ions moving against their concentration gradient to add a phosphate group to ADP.C. It uses the power of ions moving down their concentration gradient to add a phosphate group to ADP.D. It uses the power of ions moving against their concentration gradient to remove a phosphate group from ATP.E. It uses the power of ions moving down their concentration gradient to remove a phosphate group from ATP.
2. Which choice matches each description below to the correct stage of aerobic respiration?
I. Produces most of the ATP
II. Produces carbon dioxide (CO2)
III. Uses oxygen (O2)
A. I = chemiosmosis; II = electron transport chain; III = citric acid cycleB. I = chemiosmosis; II = citric acid cycle; III = electron transport chainC. I = citric acid cycle; II = chemiosmosis; III = electron transport chainD. I = electron transport chain; II = chemiosmosis; III = citric acid cycleE. I = electron transport chain; II = citric acid cycle; III = chemiosmosis
3. Which of these produces a three-carbon sugar from carbon dioxide?
A. Photosystem IB. Photosystem IIC. Electron transport chainD. Calvin cycleE. Citric acid cycle
4. Which of these releases carbon dioxide?
I. Lactic acid fermentation
II. Alcohol fermentation
III. Aerobic respiration
A. I and IIB. I and IIIC. II and IIID. II and IVE. III and IV
5. All of the following take place in the thylakoid of the chloroplast EXCEPT
A. NADP+ is reduced to create NADPHB. hydrogen ions are pumped against their concentration gradientC. ATP is produced by the ATP synthase enzymeD. excited electrons transfer energy to an electron transport chainE. carbon dioxide molecules are converted to a three-carbon sugar
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us