See All test questions
Take more free SAT biology subject practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. At which stage of meiosis do cells from a sperm cell precursor contain a haploid set of chromosomes, each consisting of two sister chromatids?
A. Anaphase IB. Metaphase IC. Prophase IID. Anaphase IIE. Telophase II
2. In meiosis, crossing over takes longer than any other process. Which stage of meiosis is most likely the longest?
A. Prophase IB. Metaphase IC. Anaphase ID. Prophase IIE. Metaphase II
3. At which stage in meiosis are sister chromatids of each chromosome identical?
I. Beginning of prophase I
II. Beginning of metaphase I
III. End of telophase I
A. I onlyB. II onlyC. III onlyD. I and IIE. II and III
4. The diagram shown compares a normal chromosome with one that has undergone a rearrangement. The rearrangement is BEST described as a/an
A. deletionB. duplicationC. nondisjunctionD. inversionE. translocation
5. Which of these mutations in a gene will MOST LIKELY result in a shortened protein with a long sequence of substituted amino acids?
A. Missense substitution of one nucleotideB. Insertion of two nucleotidesC. Deletion of three nucleotidesD. Silent substitution of four nucleotidesE. Nonsense substitution of five nucleotides
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us