See All test questions
Take more free SAT biology subject practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. In the Oparin-Haldane experiment, the artificial atmosphere they created contained which of the following?
I. Hydrogen gas
II. Oxygen gas
III. Reducing gases
A. I onlyB. II onlyC. I and IID. I and IIIE. II and III
2. A unicellular organism contains a Golgi body and ribosomes but lacks a cell wall. It is heterotrophic, ingesting food via phagocytosis. What kingdom does this organism belong to?
A. AnimaliaB. EubacteriaC. FungiD. ProtistaE. Archaea
3. Which of these features are found in the phylum that includes centipedes?
I. Ventral nerve cord
II. Segmented body
III. Calcium- rich shell
IV. Jointed limbs
A. I and IIB. I and IVC. II and IIID. I, II, and IVE. II, III, and IV
4. Which of these is a tetrapod that is NOT an amniote?
A. OstrichB. SharkC. RattlesnakeD. SalamanderE. Kangaroo
5. How did the results of the Urey-Miller experiment affect the Oparin hypothesis?
A. The results supported the Oparin hypothesis by showing that organisms contributed to the composition of Earth's present-day atmosphere.B. The results contradicted the Oparin hypothesis by showing that Earth's early atmosphere could not produce cells from organic molecules.C. The results supported the Oparin hypothesis by showing that replicating membranes could form from simple molecular precursors.D. The results contradicted the Oparin hypothesis by showing that Earth's early atmosphere was too hot and volatile to sustain living things.E. The results supported the Oparin hypothesis by showing that biological molecules could form in conditions resembling the early Earth.
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us