See All test questions
Take more free SAT biology subject practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. Location of cellular respiration in prokaryotes
A. MitochondriaB. CytoplasmC. PyruvateD. Lactic acidE. Glucose
2. End product of anaerobic metabolism in muscle cells
3. Location of glycolysis in eukaryotes
4. Stage of meiosis during which recombination of genetic material occurs
A. Anaphase IIB. Metaphase IC. Prophase IID. Metaphase IIE. Prophase I
5. Stage of meiosis during which pairs of homologous chromosomes align at the center of the cell
6. Stage of meiosis during which sister chromatids are separated
7. A simple kind of learning involving loss of sensitivity to unimportant stimuli
A. Reasoning/insightB. ImprintingC. Classical conditioningD. HabituationE. Instinct
8. Geese recognize a ticking clock as "mother" if exposed to it during a critical period shortly after hatching
9. Fish are given food at the same time as a tap on their glass bowl and soon learn to approach when a tap sounds even in the absence of food
10. Structure where most digestion and absorption of nutrients occurs
A. Small intestineB. Large intestineC. StomachD. EsophagusE. Mouth
11. Structure where starch digestion first takes place
12. Structure with the lowest pH
13. Homologous structures, which have similar underlying structures but may have different functions, are formed by
A. divergent evolutionB. speciationC. segregationD. convergent evolutionE. stabilizing selection
14. Hemoglobin is a protein in red blood cells that binds and carries oxygen and some carbon dioxide. Its affinity for oxygen changes as blood travels from the lungs to the body tissues and back to the lungs again. One could expect hemoglobin to have
A. a high carbon dioxide affinity in the lungs and a low oxygen affinity in the tissuesB. a low carbon dioxide affinity in the lungs and a high oxygen affinity in the tissuesC. a high oxygen affinity in the lungs and a low oxygen affinity in the tissuesD. a low oxygen affinity in the lungs and a high oxygen affinity in the tissuesE. a high oxygen affinity in the lungs and a high carbon dioxide affinity in the lungs
15. Which of the following RNA sequences would be transcribed from the DNA sequence ATGCCTAGGAC?
A. TACGGATCCTGB. UAGCGAUCCUGC. AUGCCUAGGACD. UACGGAUCCUGE. GCAUUCGAAGU
16. Arthropods can be characterized by all of the following EXCEPT
A. a hard exoskeletonB. a water vascular systemC. jointed appendagesD. moltingE. segmented body
17. Which of the following are functions of the kidney?
I. filtration of blood to remove wastes
II. blood pressure regulation
III. pH regulation
A. I onlyB. I and II onlyC. I and III onlyD. II and III onlyE. I, II, and III
18. In chickens, the allele for long tail feathers (T) is dominant over the allele for short tail feathers (t). If a pure-breeding long-tailed chicken (TT) mates with a pure-breeding short-tailed chicken (tt), what percentage of their offspring (if mated with the correct genotype) could give rise to chickens with long tails?
A. 25%B. 50%C. 75%D. 100%E. unable to determine from the information given
19. All of the following could be considered density-dependent factors affecting population growth EXCEPT
A. limited nutrientsB. climate temperatureC. build-up of toxinsD. predationE. limited water
20. The best definition of a species is
A. a group of organisms that occupy the same nicheB. a population that works together to defend itself from predatorsC. a group of organisms that can mate with each otherD. a population that preys on other populationsE. a population in which all members benefit from the association in some way
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us