See All test questions
Take more free SAT chemistry practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. Which substance can be decomposed chemically?
A. AmmoniaB. IronC. NeonD. HydrogenE. Fluorine
2. Which units could be used to express the amount of energy absorbed or released during a chemical reaction?
A. Degree and gramB. Torr and mmHgC. Gram and literD. Calorie and jouleE. Meter and cm3
3. Which sample represents a homogeneous mixture?
A. CH3OH(l)B. CH3OH(aq)C. CH3OH(g)D. CH3OH(s)E. None of the above
4. A book is lifted off of the floor and placed on a table that is one meter above the floor. The book has
A. gained sound energyB. lost chemical energyC. gained potential energyD. gained kinetic energyE. lost nuclear energy
5. Which statement is incorrect regarding energy?
A. Energy can be given off in a reaction.B. Energy can be gained in a reaction.C. Energy cannot be created or destroyed.D. Energy can take various forms.E. Energy has mass and takes up space.
6. What is the mass of an object that has a density of 13 g/mL and a volume of 10 mL?
A. 1.3 g/mLB. 0.77 g/mLC. 1.3 g/LD. 130 gE. 130 g/L
7. Which sentence below is incorrect?
A. Salads are heterogeneous mixtures.B. NaCl(aq) is a homogeneous mixture.C. Milk is a heterogeneous mixture.D. Sand and water make a heterogeneous mixture.E. Pure iron is a heterogeneous mixture.
8. Which type of change is different from the other four?
A. Baking a potatoB. Rusting of an iron nailC. Burning a piece of paperD. Melting an ice cubeE. Ignition of propane
9. Which of the following is not a physical property?
A. ColorB. PhaseC. OdorD. Boiling pointE. Reactivity with oxygen
10. Which substance cannot be decomposed chemically?
A. AmmoniaB. TelluriumC. MethaneD. WaterE. Lunch
11. The study of matter is called
A. ChemistryB. BiologyC. GeologyD. PhysicsE. Psychology
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us