See All test questions
Take more free SAT chemistry practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. Given the reaction: Zn(s) + 2HCl(aq) → ZnCl2(aq) + H2(g)
Why is the reaction slower when a single piece of zinc is used than when powdered zinc of the same mass is used?
A. The powdered zinc is more concentrated.B. The single piece of zinc is more reactive.C. The powdered zinc requires less activation energyD. The powdered zinc generates more heat energy.E. The powdered zinc has a greater surface area.
2. Which takes place when a catalyst is added to a reaction at equilibrium?
A. The point of equilibrium is shifted to the right.B. The point of equilibrium is shifted to the left.C. The forward and reverse reactions rates are increased unequally.D. The forward and reverse reactions rates are increased equally.E. The value of ΔH has the same magnitude but a different sign.
3. As the frequency and the number of effective collisions between reacting particles increases, the rate of the reaction
A. increasesB. decreasesC. remains the sameD. approaches zeroE. none of the above
4. Which factors are equal in a reversible chemical reaction that has reached equilibrium?
A. The number of moles of the reactants and products.B. The potential energies of the reactants and products.C. The activation energies of the forward and reverse reactions.D. The rates of reaction for the forward and reverse reactions.E. The concentrations of the reactants and products.
5. A catalyst is added to a system at equilibrium. The concentration of the reactants will then
A. decreaseB. increaseC. remain the sameD. approach zeroE. none of the above
6. Given the following reaction that has reached equilibrium: NaCl(s)←→NaCl(aq).For the phase equilibrium to exist, the NaCl(aq) must be a solution that is
A. concentratedB. saturatedC. diluteD. heatedE. unsaturated
7. In an effort to speed up a reaction between a solid and a gas one would not:
A. make an effort to concentrate the reactants as best as possibleB. add a catalystC. cool the reaction downD. increase the pressure on the systemE. use a powdered solid instead of one big lump of the same solid
8. Which reaction below is expected to go to completion?
I. Zn + HClII. HCl + NaOHIII. Ag1+(aq) + Cl1–(aq)
A. II only.B. III only.C. I and II only.D. II and III only.E. I, II, and III.
9. Which salt listed in Appendix 4 of this book has the greatest solubility in water under equal conditions?
A. Lead iodideB. Lead sulfateC. Magnesium hydroxideD. Silver chlorideE. The salts are all equally soluble.
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us