See All test questions
Take more free SAT chemistry practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. The oxidation number for hydrogen in NaH is
A. 1+B. 2+C. 0D. 1-E. 2-
2. Of the compounds below, in which one does chlorine have the highest oxidation number?
A. HClB. KClO3C. HClO2D. KClO4E. CaCl2
3. In the reaction Al + Fe3+ →Al3+ + Fe, the oxidizing agent is
A. AlB. FeC. Al3+D. Fe3+E. none of the above
4. In the chemical cell reaction 2Cr + 3Ni2+ → 2Cr3+ + 3Ni, which species is reduced?
A. CrB. Ni2+C. Cr3+D. NiE. none of the above
5. When Fe2+ is oxidized to Fe3+, the Fe2+ ion
A. loses 1 electronB. loses 1 protonC. gains 1 electronD. gains 1 protonE. gains 1 neutron
6. Which half reaction demonstrates conservation of mass and conservation of charge?
A. Cl2 + e- → Cl1-B. Cl2 + 2e- → Cl1-C. Cl2 → 2Cl1- + e-D. Cl2 + e- → 2Cl1-E. Cl2 + 2e- → 2Cl1-
7. When the equation Co + Ni2+ →Co3+ + Ni is balanced, the sum of the coeffcients is
A. 2B. 3C. 5D. 10E. 15
8. What is the purpose of the salt bridge in an electrochemical cell?
A. It allows ion migration.B. It allows neutron migration.C. It allows electron migration.D. It prevents ion migration.E. It prevents neutron migration.
9. Making reference to electronegativity values, which substance is most easily reduced?
A. Br2B. Cl2C. F2D. I2E. At2
10. When nonspontaneous redox reactions occur by use of an external current, the process is called
A. neutralizationB. esterificationC. electrolysisD. hydrolysisE. voltaic ion
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us