See All test questions
Take more free SAT chemistry practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. Which hydrocarbon will undergo a substitution reaction with a halogen?
A. PentyneB. EtheneC. PropyneD. ButaneE. Propene
2. Which type of organic reaction is represented by the equation C3H6 + H2 → C3H8?
A. AdditionB. SubstitutionC. CondensationD. PolymerizationE. Dehydration synthesis
3. When the amine group of one amino acid reacts with the carboxylic acid group of another amino acid, the resulting functional group formed is called
A. an amineB. an amideC. an esterD. a plasticE. a polymer
4. Which one of the following polymers is synthetic?
A. Nucleic acidsB. PlasticC. ProteinsD. CelluloseE. Starch
5. Which two compounds are not isomers of each other?
A. n-pentane and 2-methylbutaneB. CH3CH2OH and CH3OCH3C. CH3COOH and CH3CH2COOHD. CH3COCH3 and CH3CH2CHOE. CH3CH2CH2Cl and CH3CHClCH3
6. A carbonyl group is present in all of these functional groups except:
A. ketonesB. aldehydesC. estersD. amidesE. ethers
7. An organic compound has a molecular formula of C3H4. Which compound belowbelongs to the same class of hydrocarbons?
A. C2H6B. C3H6C. C4H8D. C2H2E. CH4
8. Which statement is false?
A. CH3CH2NH2 is ethanamine.B. CH3CHBrCHBrCH3 is 2,3-dibromobutane.C. CH3CH2OH is an ether.D. Cyclopentane and 2-pentene have a molecular formula of C5H10.E. Alkenes and alkynes are unsaturated.
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us