See All test questions
Take more free SAT chemistry practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. For the reaction A + B C + D, the equilibrium constant can be expressed as:
A. B. C. D. E.
2. The concentrations in an expression of the equilibrium constant are given in
A. mol/mLB. g/LC. gram-equivalents/LD. mol/LE.
3. In the equilibrium expression for the reaction
BaSO4(s) Ba2+(aq) + SO42-(aq)
Ksp is equal to
4. The Kw of water at 298 K is equal to
A. 1 × 10-7B. 1 × 10-17C. 1 × 10-14D. 1 × 10-1E.
5. The pH of a solution that has a hydrogen ion concentration of 1 × 10-4 mole/liter is
A. 4B. -4C. 10D. -10E.
6. The pH of a solution that has a hydroxide ion concentration of 1 × 10-4 mole/liter is
7. A small value for K, the equilibrium constant, indicates that
A. the concentration of the un-ionized molecules must be relatively small compared with the ion concentrationsB. the concentration of the ionized molecules must be larger than the ion concentrationsC. the substance ionizes to a large degreeD. the concentration of the un-ionized molecules must be relatively large compared with the ion concentrationsE.
8. In the Haber process for making ammonia, an increase in pressure favors
A. the forward reactionB. the reverse reactionC. neither reactionD. E.
9. A change in which of these conditions will change the K of an equilibrium given as a starting point?
A. TemperatureB. PressureC. Concentration of reactantsD. Concentration of productsE.
10. If Ca(OH)2 is dissolved in a solution of NaOH, its solubility, compared with that in pure water, is
A. increasedB. decreasedC. unaffectedD. E.
11. When enthalpy is negative and entropy is positive,
A. the free energy is always negativeB. the free energy is negative at lower temperaturesC. the free energy is negative at high temperaturesD. the free energy is never negativeE. the system is at equilibrium, and there is no net reaction
12. When enthalpy is positive and entropy is positive,
13. When enthalpy is negative and entropy is negative,
14. When enthalpy is positive and entropy is negative,
15. When ΔG, free energy, is zero,
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us