See All test questions
Take more free SAT chemistry practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. In the reaction Fe + S → FeS, which is true?
A. Fe + 2e- → Fe2+B. Fe → Fe2+ + 2e-C. Fe2+ → Fe + 2e-D. S → S2- + 2e-E. S2- + 2e- → S
2. What is the pH of a solution with a hydroxide ion concentration of 0.00001 mole/liter?
A. -5B. -1C. 5D. 9E. 14
3. Electrolysis of a dilute solution of sodium chloride results in the cathode product
A. sodiumB. hydrogenC. chlorineD. oxygenE. peroxide
4. .....C2H4(g) + .....O2(g) → .....CO2(g) + .....H2O(l)If the equation for the above reaction is balanced with whole-number coefficients, what is the coefficient for oxygen gas?
A. 1B. 2C. 3D. 4E. 5
5. 5.00 liters of gas at STP have a mass of 12.5 grams. What is the molar mass of the gas?
A. 12.5 g/molB. 25.0 g/molC. 47.5 g/molD. 56.0 g/molE. 125 g/mol
6. A compound whose molecular mass is 90.0 grams contains 40.0% carbon, 6.67% hydrogen, and 53.33% oxygen. What is the true formula of the compound?
A. C2H2O4B. CH2O4C. C3H6OD. C3HO3E. C3H6O3
7. How many moles of CaO are needed to react with an excess of water to form 370 grams of calcium hydroxide?
A. 1.0B. 2.0C. 3.0D. 4.0E. 5.0
8. To what volume, in milliliters, must 50.0 milliliters of 3.50 M H2SO4 be diluted in order to make 2.00 M H2SO4?
A. 25.0B. 60.1C. 87.5D. 93.2E. 101
9. A small value of Keq indicates that equilibrium occurs
A. at a low product concentrationB. at a high product concentrationC. after considerable timeD. with the help of a catalystE. with no forward reaction
10. A student measured 10.0 milliliters of an HCl solution into a beaker and titrated it with a standard NaOH solution that was 0.09 M. The initial NaOH burette reading was 34.7 milliliters while the final reading showed 49.2 milliliters.
What is the molarity of the HCl solution?
A. 0.13B. 0.47C. 0.52D. 1.57E. 2.43
11. A student made the following observations in the laboratory:
(a) Sodium metal reacted vigorously with water while a strip of magnesium did not seem to react at all.
(b) The magnesium strip reacted with dilute hydrochloric acid faster than an iron strip.
(c) A copper rivet suspended in silver nitrate solution was covered with silver-colored stalactites in several days, and the resulting solution had a blue color.
(d) Iron filings dropped into the blue solution were coated with an orange color.
The order of decreasing strength as reducing agents is:
A. Na, Mg, Fe, Ag, CuB. Mg, Na, Fe, Cu, AgC. Ag, Cu, Fe, Mg, NaD. Na, Fe, Mg, Cu, AgE. Na, Mg, Fe, Cu, Ag
12. A student placed water, sodium chloride, potassium dichromate, sand, chalk, and hydrogen sulfide into a distilling flask and proceeded to distill. What ingredient besides water would be found in the distillate?
A. Sodium chlorideB. ChalkC. SandD. Hydrogen sulfideE. Chrome sulfate
13. Which of these statements is NOT correct?
A. In an exothermic reaction, ΔH is negative and the enthalpy decreases.B. In an endothermic reaction, ΔH is positive and the enthalpy increases.C. In a reaction where ΔG is negative, the forward reaction is spontaneous.D. In a reaction where ΔG is positive, ΔS may also be positive.E. In a reaction where ΔH is positive and ΔS is negative, the forward reaction is spontaneous.
14. A student filled a steam-jacketed eudiometer with 32. milliliters of oxygen and 4.0 milliliters of hydrogen over mercury. How much of which gas would be left uncombined after the mixture was sparked?
A. None of eitherB. 3.0 mL H2C. 24 mL O2D. 28 mL O2E. 30. mL O2
15. What would be the total volume, in milliliters, of gases in question 60 after sparking?
A. 16B. 24C. 34D. 36E. 40
16. How can the addition of a catalyst affect an exothermic reaction?
I. Speed up the reaction.
II. Slow down the reaction.
III. Increase the amount of product formed.
A. I onlyB. II onlyC. I and II onlyD. II and III onlyE. I, II, and III
17. In which period of the periodic table is the most electronegative element found?
18. What could be the equilibrium constant for this reaction: aA + bB cC + dD, if A and D are solids?
A. B. C. D. E. [A]a[B]b[C]c[D]d
19. Which of the following does NOT react with a dilute solution of sulfuric acid?
A. NaNO3B. Na2SC. Na3PO4D. Na2CO3E. NaOH
20. Which of these statements is the best explanation for the sp3 hybridization of carbon's electrons in methane, CH4?
A. The new orbitals are one s orbital and three p orbitals.B. The s electron is promoted to the p orbitals.C. The s orbital is deformed into a p orbital.D. Four new and equivalent orbitals are formed.E. The s orbital electron loses energy to fall back into a partially filled p orbital.
21. The intermolecular force that is most significant in explaining the variation of the boiling point of water from the boiling points of similarly structured molecules is
A. hydrogen bondingB. van der Waals forcesC. covalent bondingD. ionic bondingE. coordinate covalent bonding
22. If K for the reaction H2 + I2 2HI is equal to 45.9 at 450°C, and 1 mole of H2 and 1 mole of I2 are introduced into a 1-liter box at that temperature, what will be the expression for K at equilibrium?
A. B. C. D. E.
23. What is the molar mass of a nonionizing solid if 10. grams of this solid, dissolved in 200. grams of water, formed a solution that froze at -3.72°C?
A. 25. g/molB. 50. g/molC. 100. g/molD. 150. g/molE. 1,000. g/mol
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us