See All test questions
Take more free SAT chemistry practice tests available from cracksat.net.
In this graphic representation of a chemical reaction, which arrow depicts the activation energy of the forward reaction?
A. A B. B C. C D. D E. E
2. How many liters (STP) of O2 can be produced by completely decomposing 2.00 moles of KClO3?
A. 11.2B. 22.4C. 33.6D. 44.8E. 67.2
3. Which of the following statements is true?
A. A catalyst cannot lower the activation energy.B. A catalyst can lower the activation energy.C. A catalyst affects only the activation energy of the forward reaction.D. A catalyst affects only the activation energy of the reverse reaction.E. A catalyst is permanently changed after the activation energy is reached.
4. Which of the following is the correct structural representation of sodium?
A. Nucleus and electron configuration:
1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s2 4p3B. Nucleus and electron configuration:
1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s2 3d1 4p2C. Nucleus and electron configuration:
1s2 2s2 2p6 3s1D. Nucleus and electron configuration:
1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d3 4s2E. Nucleus and electron configuration:
1s2 2s2 2p6 3s1
5. If the molecular mass of NH3 is 17, what is the density of this compound at STP?
A. 0.25 g/LB. 0.76 g/LC. 1.52 g/LD. 3.04 g/LE. 9.11 g/L
6. Which bond(s) is (are) ionic?
A. I onlyB. III onlyC. I and II onlyD. II and III onlyE. I, II, and III
7. Aromatic hydrocarbons are represented by which of the following?
8. According to placement in the Periodic Table, which statement(s) regarding the first ionization energies of certain elements should be true?
I. Li has a higher value than Na.
II. K has a higher value than Cs.
III. Na has a higher value than Al.
9. Correctly expressed half-reactions include which of the following?
I. CrO42- + 8H+ + 6e- → Cr3+ + 4H2O
II. I- + 6OH- → IO3- + 3H2O + 6e-
III. MnO4- + 2H2O + 3e- → MnO2 + 4OH-
10. What is the apparent oxidation state (number) of the underlined element in the compound
A. +1B. +2C. +3D. +4E. +5
11. What is the apparent oxidation state (number) of the underlined element in the compound
A. +1B. -1C. +2D. -2E. +3
12. What is the apparent oxidation state (number) of the underlined element in the compound
A. +2B. -2C. +4D. -4E. +5
13. An atom with an electron configuration of 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p4 will probably exhibit which oxidation state?
A. +2B. -2C. +3D. -3E. +5
14. In the Lewis dot structure X:, what is the predictable oxidation number?
15. Commonly used in the laboratory to transfer an exact volume of liquid from one container to another
A. BalanceB. BarometerC. CondenserD. FunnelE. Pipette
16. Commonly used in the laboratory in a distillation setup
17. Commonly used in the laboratory in a filtration setup
18. If you collected hydrogen gas by the displacement of water and under the conditions shown:
which of the following would give you the pressure of the hydrogen in the bottle?
A. 730. mm - 40.8 mmB. 730. mm - 30.0 mmC. 730. mm - 30.0 mm/13.6 + 40.8 mmD. 730. mm - 30.0 mm/13.6 - 40.8 mmE. 730. mm - 40.8 mm/13.6 - 30.0 mm
19. What occurs when a reaction is at equilibrium and more reactant is added to the container?
A. The equilibrium remains unchanged.B. The forward reaction rate increases.C. The reverse reaction rate increases.D. The forward reaction rate decreases.E. The reverse reaction rate decreases.
20. How much heat energy is released when 8 grams of hydrogen are burned? The thermal equation is 2H2(g) + O2(g) → 2H2O(g) + 483.6 kJ.
A. 241.8 kJB. 483.6 kJC. 967.2 kJD. 1,934 kJE. 3,869 kJ
21. Would a spontaneous reaction occur between zinc ions and gold atoms?
Zn2+ + 2e- → Zn0 E0 = -0.76 voltAu3+ + 3e- → Au0 E0 = +1.42 volts
A. yes-Reaction potential 2.18 VB. no-Reaction potential -2.18 VC. yes-Reaction potential 0.66 VD. no-Reaction potential -0.66 VE. yes-Reaction potential 0.56 V
22. Four moles of electrons (4 × 6.02 × 1023 electrons) would electroplate how many grams of silver from a silver nitrate solution?
A. 108B. 216C. 324D. 432E. 540
23. A 5.0 M solution of HCl has how many moles of H+ ion in 1 liter?
A. 0.50B. 1.0C. 2.0D. 2.5E. 5.0
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us