See All test questions
Take more free SAT chemistry practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. What is the Ksp for silver acetate if a saturated solution contains 2 × 10-3 moles of silver ion/liter of solution?
A. 2 × 10-3B. 2 × 10-6C. 4 × 10-3D. 4 × 10-6E. 4 × 106
2. The following data were obtained for H2O and H2S:
What is the best explanation for the variation of physical properties between these two compounds?
A. The H2S has stronger bonds between molecules.B. The H2O has a great deal of hydrogen bonding.C. The bond angles differ by about 15°.D. The formula mass is of prime importance.E. The oxygen atom has a smaller radius and thus cannot bump into other molecules as often as the sulfur.
3. What is the pOH of a solution that has 0.00001 mole of H3O+/liter of solution?
A. 2B. 3C. 4D. 5E. 9
4. How many grams of sulfur are present in 1 mole of H2SO4?
A. 2B. 32C. 49D. 64E. 98
5. What is the approximate mass, in grams, of 1 liter of nitrous oxide, N2O, at STP?
A. 1B. 2C. 11.2D. 22E. 44
6. If the simplest formula of a substance is CH2 and its molecular mass is 56, what is its true formula?
A. CH2B. C2H4C. C3H4D. C4H8E. C5H10
7. Question below refers to the following diagrams of two methods of collecting gases:
Method 1 is best suited to collect
A. a gas denser than airB. a gas less dense than airC. a gas that is insoluble in waterD. a gas that is soluble in waterE. a gas that has a distinct color
8. Question below refers to the following diagrams of two methods of collecting gases:
Which of these gases, because of its density and solubility, should be collected by Method 2?
A. NH3B. H2C. HClD. CO2E. He
9. What is the molar mass of CaCO3?
A. 68 g/molB. 75 g/molC. 82 g/molD. 100 g/molE. 116 g/mol
10. What volume, in liters, will be occupied at STP by 4 grams of H2?
A. 11.2B. 22.4C. 33.6D. 44.8E. 56.0
11. How many moles of KOH are needed to neutralize 196 grams of sulfuric acid? (H2SO4 = 98 amu)
A. 1.0B. 1.5C. 2.0D. 4.0E. 6.0
12. What volume, in liters, of NH3(g) is produced when 22.4 liters of N2(g) are made to combine completely with a sufficient quantity of H2(g) under appropriate conditions?
A. 11.2B. 22.4C. 44.8D. 67.2E. 89.6
13. What volume, in liters, of SO2 will result from the complete burning of 64 grams of sulfur?
A. 2.00B. 11.2C. 44.8D. 126E. 158
14. The amount of energy required to melt 5.00 grams of ice at 0°C would also heat 1 gram of water at 4°C to what condition? (Heat of fusion = 80 cal/g or 3.34 × 102 J/g; heat of vaporization = 540 cal/g or 2.26 × 103 J/g)
A. water at 90°CB. water at 100°CC. steam at 100°CD. Part of the water would be vaporized to steam.E. All of the water would be vaporized to steam.
15. How many moles of electrons are needed to electroplate a deposit of 0.5 mole of silver from a silver nitrate solution?
A. 0.5B. 1C. 27D. 54E. 108
16. All of the following statements about carbon dioxide are true EXCEPT:
A. It can be prepared by the action of acid on CaCO3.B. It is used in fire extinguishers.C. It dissolves slightly in water at room temperature.D. It sublimes rather than melts at 20°C and 1 atm pressure.E. It is a product of photosynthesis in plants.
17. Three moles of H2 and 3 moles of I2 are introduced into a liter box at a temperature of 490°C. What will the K expression be for this reaction? (K = 45.9)
A. B. C. D. E.
18. If the following reaction has achieved equilibrium in a closed system:
N2O4(g) 2 NO2(g)
which of the following is (are) increased by decreasing the size of the container?
I. The value of K
II. The concentration of N2O4(g)
III. The rate of the reverse reaction
A. I onlyB. III onlyC. I and II onlyD. II and III onlyE. I, II, and III
19. Which of the following correctly completes this nuclear reaction: + → ··· + ?
20. How many grams of NaCl will be needed to make 100. milliliters of 2 M solution?
A. 5.85B. 11.7C. 29.2D. 58.5E. 117
21. How many grams of H2SO4 are in 1,000. grams of a 10.% solution? (1 mol of H2SO4 = 98 g)
A. 1.0B. 9.8C. 10.D. 98E. 100.
22. If 1 mole of ethyl alcohol in 1,000 grams of water depresses the freezing point by 1.86° Celsius, what will be the freezing point of a solution of 1 mole of ethyl alcohol in 500 grams of water?
A. -0.93°CB. -1.86°CC. -2.79°CD. -3.72°CE. -5.58°C
23. Which nuclear reaction shows the release of a beta particle?
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us