See All test questions
Take more free SAT math 1&2 subject practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. |2x - 1| = 4x + 5 has how many numbers in its solution set?
A. 0B. 1C. 2D. an infinite numberE. none of the above
2. Which of the following is equivalent to 1 |x - 2| 4?
A. 3 x 6B. x 1 or x ≥ 3C. 1 x 3D. x -2 or x ≥ 6E. -2 x 1 or 3 x 6
3. The area bound by the relation |x| + |y| = 2 is
A. 8B. 1C. 2D. 4E. There is no finite area.
4. Given a function, f(x), such that f(x) = f(|x|). Which one of the following could be the graph of f(x)?
A. B. C. D. E.
5. The figure shows the graph of which one of the following?
A. y = 2x - |x|B. y = |x - 1| + xC. y = |2x - 1|D. y = |x + 1| - x E. y = 2|x| - |x|
6. The postal rate for first-class mail is 44 cents for the first ounce or portion thereof and 17 cents for each additional ounce or portion thereof up to 3.5 ounces. The cost of a 3.5-ounce letter is 95￠. A formula for the cost in cents of first-class postage for a letter weighing N ounces (N 3.5) is
A. 44 + [N - 1] · 17B. [N - 44] · 17C. 44 + [N] · 17D. 1 + [N] · 17E. none of the above
7. If f(x) = i, where i is an integer such that i x < i + 1, the range of f(x) is
A. the set of all real numbersB. the set of all positive integersC. the set of all integersD. the set of all negative integersE. the set of all nonnegative real numbers
8. If f(x) = [2x] - 4x with domain 0 x 2, then f(x) can also be written as
A. 2x B. -x C. -2x D. x2 - 4x E. none of the above
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us