See All test questions
Take more free SAT math 1&2 subject practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. Last week, police ticketed 13 men traveling 18 miles per hour over the speed limit and 8 women traveling 14 miles per hour over the speed limit. What was the mean speed over the limit of all 21 drivers?
A. 16 miles per hourB. 16.5 miles per hourC. 17 miles per hourD. none of theseE. cannot be determined
2. If the range of a set of integers is 2 and the mean is 50, which of the following statements must be true?
I. The mode is 50
II. The median is 50
III. There are exactly three data values
A. only IB. only IIC. only IIID. I and IIE. I, II, and III
3. What is the median of the frequency distribution shown below?
A. 2B. 3C. 4D. 5E. Cannot be determined
4. Which of the following statements must be true?
I. The range of a data set must be smaller than its standard deviation.
II. The standard deviation of a data set must be smaller than its mean.
III. The median of a data set must be smaller than its mode.
A. I onlyB. I and IIC. II onlyD. I, II, and IIIE. none are true
5. The mean and standard deviation for SAT math scores are shown in the table below for five high schools in a large city. A particular score for each city is also shown (in the right column).
Which single score has the highest z-score?
A. 561 in school CB. 552 in school EC. 560 in school BD. 474 in school DE. 600 in school A
6. Jack recorded the amount of time he studied the night before each of 4 history quizzes and the score he got on each quiz. The data are in the table below.
Use linear regression to estimate the score Jack would get if he studied for 20 minutes.
A. 71B. 72C. 73D. 74E. 75
7. The scatter plot shows gas mileage (miles per gallon) at various speeds (miles per hour) when a car was driven 100 miles at various speeds on a test track.
Which regression model is probably the best predictor of gas mileage as a function of speed?
A. constantB. linearC. quadraticD. cubicE. exponential
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us