See All test questions
Take more free SAT math 1&2 subject practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. A linear function, f, has a slope of -2. f(1) = 2 and f(2) = q. Find q.
A. 0B. C. D. 3E. 4
2. A function is said to be even if f(x) = f(-x). Which of the following is not an even function?
A. y = | x |B. y = sec x C. y = log x2D. y = x2 + sin x E. y = 3x4 - 2x2 + 17
3. What is the radius of a sphere, with center at the origin, that passes through point (2,3,4)?
A. 3B. 3.31C. 3.32D. 5.38E. 5.39
4. If a point (x,y) is in the second quadrant, which of the following must be true?
I. x < y
II. x + y > 0
A. only IB. only IIC. only IIID. only I and IIE. only I and III
5. If f(x) = x2 - ax, then f(a) =
A. a B. a2 - a C. 0D. 1E. a - 1
6. The average of your first three test grades is 78. What grade must you get on your fourth and final test to make your average 80?
A. 80B. 82C. 84D. 86E. 88
7. log7 9 =
A. 0.89B. 0.95C. 1.13D. 1.21E. 7.61
8. If log2m = x and log2n = y, then mn =
A. 2x+yB. 2xy C. 4xy D. 4x+yE. cannot be determined
9. How many integers are there in the solution set of | x - 2 | ≤ 5?
A. 0B. 7C. 9D. 11E. an infinite number
10. If , then f(x) can also be expressed as
A. x B. -x C. ± x D. | x |E. f (x) cannot be determined because x is unknown.
11. The graph of (x2 - 1)y = x2 - 4 has
A. one horizontal and one vertical asymptoteB. two vertical but no horizontal asymptotesC. one horizontal and two vertical asymptotesD. two horizontal and two vertical asymptotesE. neither a horizontal nor a vertical asymptote
A. -5B. C. D. 1E. This expression is undefined.
13. A linear function has an x-intercept of and a y-intercept of . The graph of the function has a slope of
A. -1.29B. -0.77C. 0.77D. 1.29E. 2.24
14. If f(x) = 2x - 1, find the value of x that makes f(f(x)) = 9.
A. 2B. 3C. 4D. 5E. 6
15. The plane 2x + 3y - 4z = 5 intersects the x-axis at (a,0,0), the y-axis at (0,b,0), and the z-axis at (0,0,c). The value of a + b + c is
A. 1B. C. 5D. E. 9
16. Given the set of data 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, which one of the following statements is true?
A. mean ≤ median ≤ modeB. median ≤ mean ≤ modeC. median ≤ mode ≤ meanD. mode ≤ mean ≤ medianE. The relationship cannot be determined because the median cannot be calculated.
17. If , what is the value of ?
A. B. -2C. D. E. 2
18. Find all values of x that make .
A. 0B. ±1.43C. ±3D. ±4.47E. 5.34
19. Suppose for -4 ≤ x ≤ 4, then the maximum value of the graph of | f (x) | is
A. -8B. 0C. 2D. 4E. 8
20. If tan , then sin =
A. ±0.55B. ±0.4C. 0.55D. 0.83E. 0.89
21. If a and b are the domain of a function and f(b) < f(a), which of the following must be true?
A. a < b B. b < a C. a = b D. a b E. a = 0 or b = 0
22. Which of the following is perpendicular to the line y = - 3x + 7 ?
A. B. y = 7x - 3C. D. E. y = 3x - 7
23. The statistics below provide a summary of IQ scores of 100 children.Mean: 100Median: 102Standard Deviation: 10First Quartile: 84Third Quartile: 110About 50 of the children in this sample have IQ scores that are
A. less than 84B. less than 110C. between 84 and 110D. between 64 and 130E. more than 100
24. If , then
A. f(x) = f(-x)B. C. f(-x) = -f(x)D. E.
25. The polar coordinates of a point P are (2,240°). The Cartesian (rectangular) coordinates of P are
A. B. C. D. E.
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us