See All test questions
Take more free SAT math 1&2 subject practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. Which of the following is an equation of a line that will never intersect with the line that has the equation y = 4x + 2?
A. y + 4x =3B. 2y + 4x =2C. y - 4x =-3D. y + 4x =-2E.
2. If the n (3 + i)(3 - i) =
A. 8B. 9C. 10D. 9 - iE. 9 + i
In Figure8, which of the following must be true?
tany = tan r
cosx = sin s
A. I onlyB. III onlyC. I and II onlyD. I and III onlyE. I, II, and III
Figure 9shows a semicircle that is the graph of the equationIf the semicircle is rotated 360° about the x-axis,what is the volume of the sphere that is created?
A. 6πB. 12πC. 18πD. 24πE. 36π
5. If f(x) = 2x andf(f(x)) = x + 1, the nx =
A. B. 1C. 2D. 3E. 5
In Figure10, If ℓ1 ||ℓ2, x =
A. 15B. 25C. 30D. 35E. 40
7. Sally is interested in buying a car. If she has a choice of 3 colors (red, green,or blue), 2 body types (two or four doors), and 3 engine types (four,six, or eight cylinders), how many dIf ferent models can she choose from?
A. 6B. 8C. 12D. 16E. 18
8. Which of the following is the solution set for | 2x | < 4 and |x - 2 | < 2?
A. -2 < x <0B. -2 < x <2C. 0 < x < 2D. 0 < x < 4E. 2 < x < 4
9. If whenf(x) is divided by 3x + 1, the quotient isx2 - x + 3 and the remainder is 2, the nf(x) =
A. 3x3 - 2x2 - 8x +3B. 3x3 - 2x2 + 8x +5C. 3x3 + 4x2 + 8x +1D. 3x3 - 4x2 + 8x -1E. 3x3 - 4x2 + 8x -3
Figure 11shows an equilateral triangle with two of its vertices on sides of a square and its third vertex on a vertex of the square. What is the value of y - x?
A. 45B. 60C. 75D. 90E. It cannot be determinedfrom the information given.
11. "If x is a member of set S, the n x is not a member of set T," is logically equivalent to which of the following ?
If x is a member of set T, the n x is not a member of set S.
If x is not a member of set T, the n x is a member of set S.
If x is not a member of set S, the n x is a member of set T.
A. I onlyB. II onlyC. III onlyD. I and IIE. II and III
In Figure12, If triangle ABC is an isosceles triangle of perimeter 20,what is the approximate area of the circle with center O?
A. 26.83B. 33.65C. 44.17D. 57.33E. 229.34
13. If Pis a point on the line y = 2x in the first quadrant, and the distance from the origin to point P is 5, what are the approximate coordinates of point P?
A. (2.24, 4.47)B. (3.00, 6.00)C. (4.00, 8.00)D. (4.47, 2.24)E. (4.72, 2.36)
In Figure above, circle O has diameterof length 8. If smaller circle P is tangent to diameterat point O and is also tangent to circle O, what is the approximate area of the shaded region?
A. 3.14B. 6.28C. 9.42D. 12.57E. 25.13
15. On a number line, the coordinate of point A is 0, and the coordinate of pointB is 6. If point P is located on the number line so that the distance from P to A is twice the distance fromP to B, which of the following could be the coordinate of point P?
A. 2 onlyB. 4 onlyC. 2 or 4D. 4 or 12E. 12 only
16. How many dIf ferent-sized rectangular solids with a volume of 32 cubic units are the re such that each dimension has an integer value?
A. 4B. 5C. 6D. 10E. 12
17. If the roots of the equation 2x2 + k = 8x are real, which of the following expresses all the possible values fork?
A. k ≤ 8B. k ≥ 8C. k ≥ 4D. k ≤ -8E. k ≥ -8
18. For what values of x is x2 + 6 < 5x?
A. 2 < x < 3B. -2 < x <3C. -3 < x <-2D. -2 < x orx > 3E. -3 < x orx > 2
19. In a cube with edge length 2, the distance from the center of one face to a vertex of the opposite face is
A. 2.00B. 2.24C. 2.45D. 2.65E. 2.83
20. A certain stock begins the week trading atper share. If the average gain for the next four days isby how much should the price of the stock increase during Friday so that the total gain for the stock during the entire five days is 5percent?
A. B. C. D. E.
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us