See All test questions
Take more free SAT physics practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. An object that’s moving with constant speed travels once around a circular path. True statements about this motion include which of the following?
I. The displacement is zero.
II. The average speed is zero.
III. The acceleration is zero.
A. I onlyB. I and II onlyC. I and III onlyD. III onlyE. II and III only
2. At time t = t1, an object’s velocity is given by the vector v1 shown below.
A short time later, at t = t2, the object’s velocity is the vector v2.
If v1 and v2 have the same magnitude, which one of the following vectors best illustrates the object’s average acceleration between t = t1 and t = t2 ?
A. B. C. D. E.
3. Which of the following must always be true?
I. If an object’s acceleration is constant, then it must move in a straight line.
II. If an object’s acceleration is zero, then its speed must remain constant.
III. If an object’s speed remains constant, then its acceleration must be zero.
A. I and II onlyB. I and III onlyC. II onlyD. III onlyE. II and III only
4. A baseball is thrown straight upward. What is the ball’s acceleration at its highest point?
A. 0B. g, downwardC. g, downwardD. g, upwardE. g, upward
5. How long would it take a car, starting from rest and accelerating uniformly in a straight line at 5 m/s2, to cover a distance of 200 m ?
A. 9.0 sB. 10.5 sC. 12.0 sD. 15.5 sE. 20.0 s
6. A rock is dropped off a cliff and strikes the ground with an impact velocity of 30 m/s. How high was the cliff?
A. 15 mB. 20 mC. 30 mD. 45 mE. 60 m
7. A soccer ball, at rest on the ground, is kicked with an initial velocity of 10 m/s at a launch angle of 30°. Calculate its total flight time, assuming that air resistance is negligible.
A. 0.5 sB. 1 sC. 1.7 sD. 2 sE. 4 s
8. A stone is thrown horizontally with an initial speed of 30 m/s from a bridge. Find the stone’s total speed when it enters the water 4 seconds later. (Ignore air resistance.)
A. 30 m/sB. 40 m/sC. 50 m/sD. 60 m/sE. 70 m/s
9. Which one of the following statements is true concerning the motion of an ideal projectile launched at an angle of 45° to the horizontal?
A. The acceleration vector points opposite to the velocity vector on the way up and in the same direction as the velocity vector on the way down.B. The speed at the top of the trajectory is zero.C. The object’s total speed remains constant during the entire flight.D. The horizontal speed decreases on the way up and increases on the way down.E. The vertical speed decreases on the way up apeed changes. D is false because the horizontal component is constant throughout the motion.
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us