See All test questions
Take more free SAT physics practice tests available from cracksat.net.
Which set of pulses has already been through interference?
A. AB. BC. CD. DE. E
Which set of pulses will soon show destructive interference?
3. A rider on a subway train hears the engineer blow the train whistle. A moment later she hears an answering whistle from an approaching train. Why does the whistle she hears from the approaching train change pitch?
A. The frequency of the waves of the approaching train's whistle is decreasing.B. The frequency of the waves of the approaching train's whistle is increasing.C. The loudness of the waves of the approaching train is decreasing.D. The loudness of the waves of the approaching train is increasing.E. The echoes of the two trains' whistles are combining.
4. Two charged objects are moved 50% closer to one another. Which statement about the electric force between the objects is true?
A. The force between them doubles.B. The force between them halves.C. The force between them remains the same.D. The force between them reverses.E. The force between them operates in the same direction.
5. The distribution of the charge density on the surface of a conducting solid depends upon
A. the density of the conductor.B. the shape of the conductor.C. the size of the conductor.D. the age of the conductor.E. the substance of the conductor.
6. A pair of point charges, which have charges of -3 micro coulombs and -4 micro coulombs, is separated by 2 cm. What is the value of the force between them?
A. 600NB. 300NC. 540ND. 270NE. 400N
7. At what point between a pair of charged parallel plates will the electric field be strongest?
A. It is strongest between the plates.B. It is strongest near the positive plate.C. It is strongest near the negative plate.D. The field is constant between the plates.E. The field is variable, therefore the strong point also varies.
8. Which of the following best describes the electric field about a positive point charge?
A. The field strengthens as the distance from the point charge increases.B. The field is a constant throughout space.C. The field weakens as the distance from the point change increases.D. The field is oriented toward the point charge.E. The field cannot be determined.
9. A 6 volt battery is connected across a resistor, and a current of 1.5 A flows in the resistor. What is the value of the resistor?
A. 2ΩB. 4ΩC. 6ΩD. 8ΩE. 10Ω
10. As a battery ages, its internal resistance increases. This causes the current in the external circuit to
A. remain the same.B. polarize.C. reverse direction.D. increase.E. decrease.
What is the resistance in the parallel circuit above between points B and C?
The current in the circuit is
A. 1 AB. 2 AC. 3 AD. 9 AE. 18 A
What is the voltage change between point B and point C?
A. 1 VB. 2 VC. 3 VD. 9 VE. 18 V
14. A charged particle moving through a magnetic field will experience the largest force when
A. moving with the field.B. moving against the field.C. moving at a 45° angle to the field.D. moving at a 90° angle to the field.E. the particle will not be affected.
15. Which of the following is caused completely or in some part by magnetic lines of force?
A. The picture on a computer screenB. Radio reception interferenceC. Aurora BorealisD. V.H.S. filmsE. All of these
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us