See All test questions
Take more free SAT US history practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. Why did the settlers of Massachusetts Bay found Harvard College?
A. They wanted a school that would rival Yale College in Connecticut.B. They needed to supply jobs for unemployed professors.C. They were concerned to educate future ministers of their church.D. They wanted both boys and girls in New England to learn to read.E. They insisted on the separation of church and state.
2. The most important difference between Pennsylvania and the Massachusetts Bay Colony was that Pennsylvania
A. was not founded by a ChristianB. was not an English colonyC. did not have a large cityD. was not ruled by a theocracyE. did not attract settlers from Europe
3. The success of Southern plantations led to the increase of which of the following?
A. The African slave tradeB. Indentured servitudeC. Intercolonial tradeD. The building of citiesE. Trade with the Native Americans
4. Which of the following events was most responsible for the eventual disappearance of theocracy in Massachusetts?
A. The founding of Rhode IslandB. The establishment of Yale CollegeC. The banishment of Anne HutchinsonD. The founding of PennsylvaniaE. The Salem witchcraft trials
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us