See All test questions
Take more free SAT US history practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. President Bill Clinton suffered defeat in Congress when he
A. sought to reform the nation's largely private system of health-care insuranceB. attempted to reduce the federal government's financial deficitC. tried to impose strict requirements on recipients of public assistanceD. sought passage of an act requiring corporations to provide workers with unpaid leave to cope with family medical emergenciesE. chose Senator Al Gore to be his vice president
2. The presidential election of 2000 was decided when
A. a recount of votes in Florida showed that Bush had won the popular voteB. a recount of electoral votes was ordered by the Supreme CourtC. a vote recount in Florida was barred by the Supreme Court, effectively making Bush presidentD. a recount of the popular vote nationwide showed that Gore was the loserE. Republicans agreed to permit a recount of the popular vote in Florida
3. The Bush administration launched the war in Iraq in 2003 in alliance with
A. the United Nations Security CouncilB. Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern countriesC. Germany, France, and other major U.S. alliesD. Great Britain, along with token forces from several smaller countriesE. no other countries or international organizations
4. At the start of his term, President Barack Obama faced all the following challenges in office EXCEPT:
A. a housing and mortgage crisisB. flood relief for the city of New OrleansC. a war in IraqD. a crashing stock marketE. soaring unemployment
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us