See All test questions
Take more free SAT World history practice tests available from cracksat.net.
1. During the first Punic War, the Romans were MOST interested in acquiring Sicily because it
A. offered an array of natural resourcesB. could serve as a strategic military baseC. would allow Rome to avenge civilian lossesD. would increase Rome's ability to trade with the EastE. could serve as a key location in a Carthaginian invasion of Italy
2. The Battle of Thermopylae was key to Athenian victory in the Persian War because it
A. prevented the Persians from reaching and sacking Athens itselfB. wiped out a large portion of the Persian army before it reached AthensC. delayed the Persians' approach and gave the Athenians time to prepareD. eliminated the Persian navy and forced them to rely on a land attackE. weakened Persian morale and left the soldiers unwilling to fight
3. Who split the Roman Empire into two halves?
A. AugustusB. DiocletianC. Julius CaesarD. ConstantineE. Marc Antony
4. Usage of the Silk Roads for trade declined near the end of the Han dynasty primarily due to
A. economic conditions that made long-distance trade too expensiveB. constant warfare that made roads unsafe for travelC. a decrease in the demand for silk goods in the MediterraneanD. a devastating shortage of Chinese silkE. epidemic disease that traveled along the roads and decimated the population
5. During the Dorian period, Greece experienced food shortages as the result of a
A. period of unusually warm and dry weather conditionsB. decrease in trade with other Mediterranean culturesC. long-term agricultural blight that damaged cropsD. trend of immigration out of the Greek mainlandE. war with Persia that used significant resources
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2014 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us